Environment Manager in CPB Contractors 2022 at Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Website CPB Contractors
This Job Listing is about CPB Contractors in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2022
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
Being an integral part of the Project Team and NSW/ACT Business Unit, the Environmental Manager will pro-actively facilitate, implement and support the delivery of all environmental policies and procedures for the project and enforce the risk management process to the workers out in the field.
Supporting a large civil or rail project based in NSW, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Lead the development and delivery of subplans and the completion and approval of the CEMP
- Implementation of the project environmental management system and improvement programs with the project delivery team;
- Assist in the preparation and execution of project delivery plans including SH&E, Emergency Preparedness and Risk Management;
- Experience in liaising with Client and Government Planning and Environmental Departments
- Carry out monthly and annual audits and inspections and prepare associated data and reports as required;
- Engage in surveillance and verification of subcontractor activities;
- Providing technical advice, training and assistance;
- Review safe work and environmental method statements and undertake risk analysis;
- Work across the support disciplines to ensure that the project delivery activities are without risks to environment so far as is reasonably practicable
- Lead workshops and training of internal site teams.
- Assist with the implementation of environment controls in the field especially related to monitoring, contamination, water management and SED measures.
Our Minimum Requirements For This Role Are
- Tertiary qualifications in Environment – preferably degree or higher;
- Considerable and demonstrable experience in construction or engineering sectors;
- Hold environmental professional status or be working towards this;
- Well-developed people management skills that encourages staff to perform at optimum levels without compromising on Safety, Quality and Environment;
- A dynamic and energetic personality who flourishes when working as a team member and has no difficulty in working autonomously;
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the team, and with individuals and the Clients Environmental team.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
Company: CPB Contractors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.