Website Wiley Sri Lanka
This Job Listing is about Wiley Sri Lanka in Colombo, Western Province, Sri Lanka 2022
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Company: Wiley Global Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
Engineer – Operations Center will be responsible to identify, isolate, investigate, inform detect and protecting service availability & data across a wide spectrum of source types and locations. The role is required to validate events or reports and determine if the event constitutes an incident. Ensuring incidents are properly entered into the appropriate reporting system and determining the severity and impact of the incident as well as taking any initial corrective measures as the situation calls for. This role will also focus on operations activities such as batch scheduling, processing, monitoring, and remediation for services key to the back-office activities that run the business. This role will be a primary initiator of the Major Incident process and work with Incident Management to coordinate communications and gathering of on-call resources.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide monitoring, correlation analysis, incident response, validate events or reports, and determine if the event constitutes an incident.
- Ensure that events, batch/job failures, or reports are validated and properly entered into the appropriate reporting systems.
- Ensure that documentation for Runbooks is compliant with their purpose and remediate as needed.
- Provide, develop, and maintain a forensic capability to enhance response to, support of, and investigation into major incidents.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computing, Information Technology with an internship or 1-year related experience, OR IT related Higher Diploma with 2 years+ experience (Related experience in IT operational roles, Technology support/administration roles, etc.)
- Good analytical & organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good understanding on multiple application server technologies such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache
- Capability or Desire to learn Windows Server/Red hat, etc., databases (MS SQL, Oracle, etc.), middleware (Apache, JBoss, etc.), network, email (Exchange, O365, Security, etc.)
- Providing support to other support teams related to monitoring and major incident management process.
- Collaboration between other support teams for event management and major incident management
- Ensure accurate event-to-incident identifications.
- Accountability during the allocated roster on a 24×7 roster arrangement
- Ability to analyze events that contributes to an incident.
- Make events-to-incident correlations to a high degree of certainty.
- Ability to work in a team setting including the ability to work with remote colleagues.
- Desire to learn necessary skills in the domain to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.
Company: Wiley Sri Lanka
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colombo, Western Province, Sri Lanka
Application Deadline: N/A