Driver – SB1 in FAO 2022 at Ébène, Moka, Mauritius
This Job Listing is about FAO in Ébène, Moka, Mauritius 2022
The Government of Japan and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations signed an agreement on 28 August 2019 to implement the project entitled “Project for Enhancing Livelihoods, Food Security and Maritime Safety through Increased Resilience of Fishing Communities Dependent on Coral Reef Fisheries in the African Coastal Countries of the Indian Ocean” (Project Symbol: GCP/RAF/520/JPN). The selected countries for the project are Comoros, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius and Seychelles. The objective of the project is to improve coral reef fisheries production for food security through restoring fragile ecosystems and assisting fishing communities to better manage their coral reef resources. The project activities are implemented in the project sites selected by the respective Governments in collaboration with the identified beneficiaries and stakeholders.
To this end, FAO office in Mauritius is seeking a Project Driver to provide reliable and safe driving services to the project activities and proper use of vehicle and day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle. The post is located at FAO office in Mauritius.
Under the direct supervision of the National Correspondent.
Driving and auto Mechanics.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Practice safe driving and only for official trips
- Follow all state and national safety regulations and standards
- Accurately follow routes, maps, and directions
- Collect and distribute any documents/goods from or to the office and complete the required documents; If needed, collect payments, document amount, and offer receipts
- Keep vehicle clean and presentable
- Keep up to date the logbook of all office trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, repairs, passenger reports
- Ensure the daily maintenance of the affected vehicle, check the water and oil levels, the battery, the tires;
- Maintain vehicle equipment; replace oil, fill gas tank, general motor vehicle maintenance as needed for safety
- Carry out small repairs and communicate the needs of repairs requiring the intervention of a garage to ensure the safety and good technical condition of the vehicle at all times
- Follow schedules and reroute in timely manner
- In case of an accident, ensure that local and organizational formalities, rules, regulations and procedures are properly respected
- Perform other duties related to the function that may be assigned to him/her.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- School Certificate or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Working knowledge of English and French
- Nationality of Mauritius.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Safe driving practices
- Able to follow verbal directions, read maps, follow GPS
- Reliable and punctual with a dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines
- Assist in the office routine works
- Positive attitude and Professional demeanor
- Certificate of Morality
- Medical Certificate – Fitness to work
- Able to work night, weekends, and holidays if needed
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accreditedecognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
19/Oct/2022, 4:59:00 PM
FRMAR – FAO Representation in Mauritius
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
3 months renewable
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ébène, Moka, Mauritius
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.