Website World Vision
This Job Listing is about World Vision in Kotagala, Central Province, Sri Lanka 2022
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Location: Kotagala (Nuwara Eliya District)
The Development Facilitator
- Works within communities to enable mutual transformation in the lives of children, families, supporters, partners and World Vision (WV) staff.
- Serves as a catalyst, a partnership broker, and a capacity builder of local partners in facilitating the emergence and strengthening of community-led initiatives to improve and sustain the well-being of children and their families.
- Manages technical projects in respective Primary Focus Areas, including annual planning & budgeting as well as implementation, regular monitoring and reflections.
- Ensure effective communication of World Vision’s identity, mission, vision, values and approach to development.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the local context, including government perspectives and plans and ensuring all voices are heard, especially those of children and youth, including the most vulnerable.
- Mobilize and support the creation, mobilization and strengthening of community groups and key stakeholders which catalyze community engagement to improve child well-being.
- Build close relationships and actively learn within partner communities, through home visits, community immersion and attend community social events, etc.
- Ensure programme quality through effective planning, implementation and monitoring with communities and partners.
- Document and submit progress, lessons learnt and most significant change stories through community reflection for monthly, semi-annual and annual reports to relevant management and donors.
- Conduct community awareness on sponsorship for new programmes.
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources and maintain high standards of stewardship and accountability.
- Lead implementation of technical projects within the allocated primary focus area within the stipulated time and ensure proper budget utilization and spending in accordance with WV policies, standards and procedures.
- Increase self-development for task performance with systematic planning through training, experience sharing, exposure visit, lessons learned, etc.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- At least 4 years of experience in Community Development, Programme / Project Coordination in an international organization preferably in the INGO context.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development Studies, Community Development or any other relevant field or Degree / Diploma – WV facilitated Learning For Transformation affiliated to GULL university, California with 5 years of experience in Community Development, Program / Project Coordination.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/ partners.
- Experience in working with children.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including child protection, nutrition/ health, livelihoods, resilience, advocacy, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, environment, disability, child participation).
- Networking, negotiation and partnering skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications in Tamil. Fluency in written & spoken English.
- Ability to ride a motor bike with a valid ridding license.
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
Company: World Vision
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kotagala, Central Province, Sri Lanka
Application Deadline: N/A