Website Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
This Job Listing is about Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts in Kuwait City, Al Asimah, Kuwait 2022
About Jumeirah & The Hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa offers easy access to Kuwait’s Central Business District, airport and major attractions. The beachfront resort features 316 rooms and suites, 80 residential suites and 12 villas, seven restaurants, cafés and lounges, a Talise Spa, 200-metre private beach, two swimming pools and a children’s play area. Extensive conference and banqueting facilities are available, including the Badriah ballroom.
About The Job
An opportunity has arisen for a Demi Chef De Partie – Bakery to join our Culinary department in Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa Kuwait.
The Main Duties And Responsibilities Of This Role
- Attends meetings and briefings as instructed by the Chef de Cuisine, and clearly and concisely disseminates relevant information to related teams, if required.
- To relay any breakdown related information to the Chef de Cuisine ,to enable root cause identification and eradicate re occurrences.
- To respond to change positively, in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- To be an ambassador of Lateral service for the team.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy on Safety Procedures and Practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to Food hygiene and Safe Food Handling practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the Culinary standards relating to recipes, preparation methods and plating standards in your outlets.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- To ensure any operating equipment malfunction is communicated to the Chef de Cuisine immediately, to allow for Engineering response.
- To expedite orders on the line, if required.
- To adhere to all pre-determined set-up times and breakdowns for each meal period-event.
- To follow all control and key procedures.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients” are accurately ordered, received and stored following F.I.F.O. rotation.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients’’ are professionally prepared in accordance with recipes ,plating guides ,buffet set ups , with an emphasis on maximizing production time and minimizing waste, to support the Culinary Team achieve its financial goals-targets.
- To assist in the development of a safe and clean working environment.
- To take a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To assist the storeroom Receiving Clerk in reviewing the quality of goods received, if required,
- To perform daily inspections of all walk-in refrigerators, reach ins , to ensure that proper rotation of food is adhered to prior to and upon completion of your shift.
- To assume a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of food prepared in the employee cafeteria and assistance to the team if required.
- To develop “Chef’s Creations” which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurants-hotel, and will assist with the development of Personal Culinary Style.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- College or Culinary graduate.
- Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
- 3 years minimum in five star hotel.
- Solid Culinary Basics & Techniques.
- Working with multi-cultural teams.
- Good comprehension of the English language.
About The Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes:
Basic salary, incentives plan, housing, flight ticket to home country every 2 years, government medical coverage, accident insurance, meals; laundry and transportation.
MEASA Region [Main]
Oct 13, 2022, 4:32:02 AM
Company: Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kuwait City, Al Asimah, Kuwait
Application Deadline: N/A