Database Administrator in Teradata 2022 at Islāmābād,Pakistan
This Job Listing is about Teradata in Islāmābād,Pakistan 2022
About the job
- Manage and support 24×7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- Teradata Operations DBA requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the data warehouse environment, including the database, operating systems and associated tools.
- Delivery responsibility includes Administration, maintenance and database performance optimization, capacity, security, configuration, scheduling, errors, and execution of maintenance utilities.
- Responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offering on public cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of administration, security administration, installations, optimization of environment and third party software support.
- Implementing security best practices and ensuring system optimal utilization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Workload Management
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
- Project Deliverables
- Manage Customer Meetings and Co-ordinating with Teradata GSC
- Computer Sciences Graduates or Masters degree holders
- 3+ years of post degree DBA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24×7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes:
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Should have worked in Linux/Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Database administration best practices.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting and Python skills.
- Should have good understanding of data archiveestore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objectsights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI were an important part of the environment.
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Islāmābād,Pakistan
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.