This Job Listing is about Commlogik in Reykjavík, Capital Region, Iceland 2022
Founded by international development experts, DevelopMetrics is a women-owned data science firm focused on impact. We use predictive analytics to power insights that are statistically most likely to achieve outcomes. Our analytics are based on a unique data set including thousands of coded project evaluations over two decades of international development programming.
We are seeking a Researcher with diverse technical experience who can understand the challenges of integrating data and evidence into international development projects and design solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong research background, have strong writing skills in English, and be well-versed in international development topics. Additional qualifications include having a proactive approach and being accustomed to managing and meeting weekly and monthly deadlines. Meticulous attention to detail, as well as the ability to understand abstract concepts, is essential to perform well in this role.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Research development interventions in a wide range of topics– from women’s empowerment to environmental sustainability –in order to forward understanding related to how best to reach key development objectives such as reducing poverty or improving education outcomes for children.
- Create slide decks and present to clients regarding which interventions are best suited to their projects.
- Monitor the quality of the output of the data analyst team to ensure accuracy and implement quality controls and remediation activities in the event of low-quality output
- Develop and implement innovative research models aimed at improving development outcomes.
- Work with the Data Architect and Data Scientist to refine the data strategy and design data frameworks.
- Direct select research projects depending on the needs of clients
- Innovate AI applications to research in collaboration with data science team
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office and other products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, to produce final products for the client.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes and across multiple time zones and cultural contexts.
- Strong aptitude to adapt and learn quickly with strategic and creative thinking.
- Superior, professional written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prepare documents for senior leadership review with limited direction.
- Master’s degree in international development or a related field
- Experience with data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau).
- Consulting experience
- PhD in international Development or a related field.
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence in including Natural Language Processing
- Knowledge of Python
What’s on Offer?
- Work within a company with a solid track record of success
- Work alongside & learn from best in class talent
- Opportunity to make a positive impact
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reykjavík, Capital Region, Iceland
Application Deadline: N/A