This Job Listing is about Unilever in Athens, Attiki, Greece 2022
We are driving digital transformation to enable UL to become an analytical competitor and deliver 4G growth. Our mission is to Transform the European organization to a digital-first culture, delivered by a world-class data and insights team, leaping ahead of our competition in everything we do.
The Europe D&A team is composed of data engineers, data analysts, business analysts, data scientists, and product managers, whose role is to quickly understand the business context and challenges, apply advanced mathematics and/or statistics to large data sets; and operate in cloud-based environments where data, models, and user interfaces reside in the same platforms-core technologies, to create growth choices for Europe. The scope of the Europe team has rapidly expanded, to now cover all 38 countries in Europe and the 5 Europe business units, and the focus on D&A informing business decisions in Europe is greater than ever.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer, who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up, to join the Europe D&A team, focusing on simplifying the data landscape for East Europe.
This role can be based anywhere in East Europe and will report to Senior Engineering Lead, East Europe.
What You Can Expect From The Role
The Data Engineer will provide technical data leadership in our D&A team, focusing on East Europe data. You will be responsible for creating, expanding, optimizing and managing our data depositary warehouse and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection. The Data Engineer will support our data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout the organization and ongoing projects.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build and maintain data platforms and data pipelines
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’
- Work with software engineering best practices such as version control, continuous integration and test-driven development
- Work with data and analytic experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Work in cloud architecture, MS Azure
- Use of advanced SQL skills and an understanding of query and storage optimization
- Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed functional, technical and performance requirements
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
We are looking for a professional with
- B.S. or M.S in a relevant field (Business Analytics, Operations Research), or Ph.D., M.S. in a relevant technical field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, or Mathematics)
- Experience with some of the followings: Azure cloud service, with Power BI, with Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, and DAX, relational SQL and NoSQL databases; MS SQL Server and Transact-SQL; Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of with Python, R and C# and architectures to support advanced analytics, and data science is preferred
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience with building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, dependency, and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. If you are interested in building up this team, on a mission to prove that a purposeful sustainable build can deliver superior results, please apply. We would love to hear from you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Athens, Attiki, Greece
Application Deadline: N/A