This Job Listing is about Unilever in Marousi, Attiki, Greece 2022
We are driving digital transformation to enable UL to become an analytical competitor and deliver 4G growth. Our mission is to Transform the European organization to a digital-first culture, delivered by a world-class data and insights team, leaping ahead of our competition in everything we do.
The Europe D&A team is composed of data engineers, data analysts, business analysts, data scientists, and product managers, whose role is to quickly understand the business context and challenges, apply advanced mathematics and/or statistics to large data sets; and operate in cloud-based environments where data, models, and user interfaces reside in the same platforms-core technologies, to create growth choices for Europe. The scope of the Europe team has rapidly expanded, to now cover all 38 countries in Europe and the 5 Europe business units, and the focus on D&A informing business decisions in Europe is greater than ever.
We are now creating a new Data and Analytics team in East Europe, to provide leadership in data and analytics across all East Europe region, and all 5 Business Units. We are looking for an experienced D&A Market Lead to join the Europe D&A team, and set up the D&A function in East Europe, focusing on all 5 Business Units and all EE countries.
This role can be based anywhere in East Europe and will report to Europe D&A Director.
What You Can Expect From The Role
This role will be responsible for partnering the business growth via data, analytics and insights solutions and play a core role in raising the data-driven culture & decision-making capabilities. This role will define and communicate the D&A strategic scope and service offer, aligned to the Europe agenda and roadmap. It will be accountable for delivering growth as a main target, followed by efficiencies in data/analytics/insight-generation processes, as well increasing adoption and ROI of regional and global D&A solutions/tools. The role will be the business partner to EE BU GMs and LTs, as well as country leads, and work closely with the Europe D&A and Global D&A teams.
- Own the East Europe data, analytics, and insights agenda
- Own the market’s data strategy and governance to improve data quality at source.
- Define and align with the business stakeholders’ priority areas to be enabled via D&A solutions
- Own the design, build, implementation, and sustained adoption of (repeatable) data/analytics/insight generation solutions and models to address prioritised business problems
- Be a strong business partner for growth to functional VPs and LTs, and to UniOps team
- Deliver timely, appropriate, and strategic functional/cross-functional insights into key decision-making forums
- Ensure the use of a good combination of descriptive and diagnostic methods to create the right predictive, and/or prescriptive analytics to answer key business problems.
- Co-drive data/insights-related process and organization efficiencies with support of Europe D&A team & Global D&A
- Acts as a catalyst to strengthen and embed data engineering, data science, business analytics, insights generation and data driven decision making capabilities in the local market.
- Drive the Market’s adoption of and self-service capability for regional, and global analytics solutions
- Build and Lead centralized in-market business analytics & business translators team
- Manage the team’s culture, resourcing, development, and overall team perception
- Build a team that has an agile mindset, working towards an agile delivery structure
- Work collaboratively with other D&A Market leads and Europe D&A to align market D&A data, technology, platforms to reginal and global architecture and standards.
- Contribute to the refinement of Europe D&A Data Strategy and initiatives.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
We are looking for a professional with
- 10+ years of experience directly working in business teams, with an in-depth understanding of FMCG ways of working
- 5+ years of recent first-hand Insights delivery experience either in a Brand Management, Customer Development, NRM, or Commercial Finance role
- 5+ years’ work experience with data analytics, advanced analytics, and/or data science type of work
- Knowledge and experience using data to deliver business insights and transform delivery in an FMCG context
- Strategic thinking and ability to conceptualize and articulate a vision of new ways to address business problems more effectively through integrating and utilizing data and analytics
- Proven business acumen who can engage well at all levels and steer the BU LT and other decision-makers to drive value for the business
- Excellent people management skills and coaching talent to achieve their potential, approachable and be the ‘positive change agent’
- Proven experience in complex transformation programs/change management and setting up new capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work with peers and demonstrate the vertical and lateral influence
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Azure and a solid understanding of data modeling, data science, AI, and ML concepts and application areas are strongly preferred
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. If you are interested in building up this team, on a mission to prove that a purposeful sustainable build can deliver superior results, please apply. We would love to hear from you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Marousi, Attiki, Greece
Application Deadline: N/A