Website Cooks Venture
Are you looking for a Job at Cooks Venture in Decatur, AR
About the job
Cooks Venture is a group of farmers, cooks, and food professionals who couldn’t find what we wanted in the food system, so we are building it ourselves from the ground up, animal-by-animal, plant-by-plant, meal-by-meal. Our vision is a truly transparent, regenerative supply chain for the future.
Cooks Venture is seeking a Farm Manager to join us in our mission to change the world through food! The primary role of the Farm Manager is to lead an assigned team to achieve goals and problem solve while demonstrating commitment to team member safety, teamwork and product quality.
As Farm Manager, you will:
- Follow the 5 Poultry Freedoms:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst.
- Freedom from discomfort.
- Freedom from pain, injury, and disease.
- Freedom to express normal and natural behavior.
- Freedom from stress and distress.
- Directly supervise farm associates in day-to-day farm activities
- Understand long term success for a poultry farm and plan/direct accordingly
- Monitor egg quality and properly label eggs for further tasks.
- Set up and clean/sanitize housing regarding farm operations: ie, feed, mortality, egg pick up, cleaning.
- Perform other projects, initiatives, and tasks as directed by leadership.
- Maintain inventories, equipment, parts and supplies as needed
- Coordinate necessary maintenance of the building and equipment: ie, waterlines, feedlines, scales, hoppers.
- Effectively communicate with and motivate employees to drive productivity and achieve company standards
- Perform weekly fleshing and bird inspection
- Control temperature/ventilation and lighting to meet bird needs of houses for ultimate bird comfort
- Utilize proper biosecurity standards when entering and exiting houses/farm
- Collaborate with the functional areas of operations such as Human Resources, Safety, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Finance, Shipping and others
- Monitor team member work performance
- Collaborate with Human Resources to screen, interview and hire candidates
- Follow Cooks Venture values to develop and maintain a favorable working relationship with all employees
- Comply with Cooks Venture policies and regulations regarding biosecurity, safety, food safety, environmental sustainability, animal welfare, ingredients, and any related item.
- Must be able to read and write English
- Comfortable using email, smartphone apps, Microsoft Office, wireless printers, tablets, and other technologies. Experience with Google Suite is a plus.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of work experience in poultry
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50lbs
- Bend and stoop repetitively
- Prolonged exposure to both hot and cold environments
Company: Cooks Venture
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Decatur, AR
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com