Contracts Manager in CPB Contractors 2022 at Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Website CPB Contractors
This Job Listing is about CPB Contractors in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2022
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join the Commercial team at NSW & ACT. Reporting to a Commercial Manager, the role will be responsible for managing the commercial and contractual obligations of Subcontracts, leading and mentoring the contracts team and working across Rail, Road, Building & major projects.
The Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Develop and implement frameworks, strategies, systems and solutions to conduct the contract management function and enhance Subcontractors relationships and outcomes in accordance with contractual and legal compliance requirements
- Develop and execute detailed Contract Management Plans, including establishing KPIs and governance structures, risk identification and mitigation, monitoring variations, performance benefits tracking, outcome reporting and intervening, where necessary to achieve the objectives of the contract.
- Provide sound advice to commercial team professionals and stakeholders on the formulation of contract clauses and strategies to manage supplier performance and development, improve future contract outcomes and build the overall effectiveness of the procurement function
- Establish and maintain stakeholder and supplier relationships to identify and minimise risk, resolve issues as they arise and maximise value from the contract
- Prepare and assist with complex and sensitive negotiations for contract variations, contract renewals and claims/disputes to deliver better procurement outcomes and mitigate commercial risks
- Provide direction and effective management of the contract management function to deliver high quality contract management services to the organisation and to build the overall effectiveness of the procurement function
To Be Successful You Will Have
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 8-10 years’ experience in commercial and contractual aspects of construction projects
- Knowledge of GC21 contract plus other construction and commercial contracts
- Sound change management and dispute resolution experience across major projects
- Strong risk management experience with an ability to assist in evaluating identified risks/opportunities and development of agreed strategies and management plans to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills
- Extensive experience in subcontract interpretation, compliance and governance and managing contractual disputes
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
Company: CPB Contractors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.