Website SBM Offshore
This Job Listing is about SBM Offshore in Monaco-Ville, Monaco 2022
Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
As a Concept R&D engineer you will work closely with the SBM Technology Department which is managing the various development projects. You will be working on both Oil & Gas and Renewables development projects for various types of floating structures. You will be involved in the development and maturation of new products including hydrodynamic analyses of floating structures and mooring systems. With an increasing focus on renewables and digital services, you will potentially work on floating offshore wind turbines (FOWT), wave energy converters, floating solar systems development, digital twin development for floating wind.
- You will be involved in the development, specification and analysis of qualification tests for new mooring system solutions. You will perform hydrodynamic calculations, define (new) mooring system solutions and components, and provide input to other disciplines. You will specify and follow up specialist companies performing bespoke specialist analyses.
- You will be involved in fabrication of test benches and execution of tests including visits to facilities performing the tests (external suppliers or SBM Laboratory).
- You will develop/improve analysis methods and implement in design to eventually improve reliability and/or reduce costs, e.g. by scripting/Python/Matlab.
- Perform data analyses including statistical/and or probabilistic analyses of metocean data, model tests, qualification tests.
- Engineering degree with preferable a Hydrodynamic background or alternatively Mechanical or Structural
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Strong knowledge of hydrodynamics and floating structures
- Programming skills (Matlab, Python)
- Orcaflex or similar software experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in data analyses/statistical analyses/probabilistic analyses
- Knowledge of FEA analyses a plus (e.g Abaqus, Ansys)
Behaviors & inter-personal skills – Key points:
- Team spirit and good communication skills
- Ability to monitor and follow up subcontractors/suppliers/partners
- Autonomous, innovative, and able to think out of the box
- Curious and motivated to propose and/or explore new ideas and able to work on a broad spectrum of subjects
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com . The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Company: SBM Offshore
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Application Deadline: N/A