Cobblestone Energy Job in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman – JUNIOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYST
Website Cobblestone Energy
Are you looking for a Job at Cobblestone Energy in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world’s economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the intraday and short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
Junior Quantitative Analyst – Commercial Development Programme – Dubai, UAE
Starting Remuneration of 50,000 USD per annum, 0% Tax environment.
Cobblestone Energy is becoming the most advanced electricity trading company in the energy markets. You will be part of the dream team, a group of vibrant and talented individuals from all over the world working together to create something excellent. We are looking for driven and creative individuals that think both inside and outside the box and achieve fulfillment from contributing to an environment where ideas matter.
The successful Junior Quantitative Analyst assists in the development of core algorithms and models to support trading and asset optimization decisions. The role begins with a 4-month period in trading designed to provide exposure to electricity trading markets and help you develop the tools needed to be a highly effective team member.
On joining the Analytics team, you will help develop models, price energy derivatives, design and perform quantitative studies and conduct analysis of spot or forward prices and volatilities for making pricing, trading, and risk management decisions.
What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our analyst team
- Exposure to electricity trading markets
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues
- Great compensation and rewards
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions
- Unlimited growth potential
- Quantitative analysis and market monitoring to support the commercial decisions of the traders in short term power markets
- Research and implement systemic trading strategies on the short-term power markets
- Assists development of energy price forecast, forward curve, and volatility models
- Designs and constructs risk management tools used in evaluating company’s risk profile and exposure levels
- Analyse business requirements (tools and systems) and provide ideas to solutions that add value to the bottom line
- Strong quantitative and analytics background, including statistics, optimization, simulation, and data analysis
- Experience with quantitative modelling in Python, R, MATLAB, C++, Excel VBA or comparable programming work, data modelling tools
- Knowledge and experience using relational databases and SQL
- A in A level Mathematics. Must have studied Mathematics at A level. *
- Strong commercial acumen
- Effective communication to a wide range of audiences in both oral and written form
- Independent and creative thinkers with growth mindset
- Attention to detail, diligence, and strong organizational skills
Our Hiring Process
After your application has been evaluated, you will be invited to take online psychometric assessments that will evaluate your numerical ability.
Upon successful completion of these, you will be invited for a series of interviews with members of both our HR and Commercial team.
Selected candidates will then be invited to attend a Cobblestone Training Programme (CTP). CTPs will be carried out at our Dubai office. We shall cater for everything – flights, accommodation, paperwork, and expenses.
During the Training Program, you will work on real-life tasks and situations with other members of the commercial and technical team. The goal is to enable you to learn as much as possible within the period while giving you the opportunity to shine in an area tailored to your strengths. You are also evaluated for cultural fit, aptitude, and your ability to work with others.
Those passing the CTP will be offered the full-time position of Junior Quantitative Analyst.
The role will be based in our corporate office in Dubai.
Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Some videos for your reference:
Who is Elexon? For the UK market, they are the system administrator.
What Elexon does – YouTube
Some general information about electricity trading arrangements in the UK
Electricity trading arrangements – YouTube
Elexon sushi video. Tries to explain the balancing of the UKs electricity grid
Elexon Simple as Sushi on Vimeo
The videos above are UK centric, but our current interest is Europe wide. Feel free to research the other markets. This is a longer video explains why there is such large opportunity going forward for the electricity traders who can efficiently analyse supply and demand fundamentals and move power between countries, for the benefit of all.
Is 100% Renewable Possible By 2050? – Interconnectors.
Once Europe is conquered, we do genuinely intend on going global. The American power markets look next on the plate, followed by the Australian and Japanese.
Company: Cobblestone Energy
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.