Website Ciox Health
Are you looking for a Job at Ciox Health in United States
About the work
This is an entry-level position responsible for processing all requests for information disclosure (ROI), specifically for medical records, in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality products and services. quality. Membership must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all disclosures of information comply with HIPAA solicitation, authorization, company policy and regulations.
Join a team where we win together, deliver amazing things, and make a difference not only in our employees’ lives, but also transforming clinical data exchange using the most advanced technology available.
We want to fill a remote work position from home.
- Full-time: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm CST
- Comfortable for working in a high-volume production environment.
- Processing medical records requests by taking calls from patients, insurers, and attorneys to provide medical record status.
- Documentation of information on multiple platforms using two computer monitors.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (including Word and Excel)
Comprehensive virtual training program followed by assignment follow-up with a designated mentor
Company equipment will be provided to you (including computer, monitor, virtual telephone, etc.)
Total Benefits : PTO, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance and 401k Savings Plan eEnrollment Assistance
- Receive requests for information and respond to requests by opening mail, assisting phone visits and inquiries, and retrieving fax requests in a timely manner.
- Date stamps on all prompts and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
- Validates requests and authorizations to release medical information in accordance with established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
- Completes the release of information requests, including retrieving patient medical records and returning medical records, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly in accordance with requests, established procedures and standards of established quality and productivity; and electronically transmits the medical record to processing operations.
- Perform quality checks throughout work to ensure release accuracy, confidentiality, and proper billing.
- Keep the equipment in excellent operating condition (in and out) and solve equipment problems with the help of the Help Desk department.
- Offers excellent customer service by being considerate, respectful and professional at all times; ensures understanding of customer’s request and follow-up as promised; be proactive in identifying and addressing concerns.or associate problems.
- Demonstrates effective and useful phone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
- Maintains a tidy, clean, and professional personal appearance and adheres to the dress code established by the Company or member’s facilities.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace, ensures records and files are properly stored before leaving the area, and ensures that supplies are adequate to meet customer requests.
- Maintains working knowledge of current state laws regarding the HIPAA fee structure and regulations, as well as facility policies and procedures regarding the release of information.
- Ability to maintain regular service and punctuality as scheduled. Notify manager, operations and/or supervisor if unable to meet daily schedule.
- Complies with all company time and attendance policies or applicable law covering meal breaks and rest periods. It logs all accurate work hours into the Company’s designated time keeping system on a daily basis and follows the Company’s overtime policy and procedures for requesting time off or schedule change.
- Works within the scope of position and direction; accepts assignments willingly and is available to take on additional member facilities and help with ROI delays.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with Company and Member facility policies and procedures and state and federal labor regulations and works to minimize violationsof confidentiality.
- Maintain confidentiality, information security and ethical behavior in handling all company information and medical records during transport, storage and disposal. It will not remove medical records information from the member’s website unless written authorization is provided by the HIM Facility Director, Company Manager and/or Supervisor and Vice President of Operations.
- Attend and participate in required educational training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and designated.
- Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Willingly accept new assignments to meet business needs.
- Communicates with the manager on an ongoing basis, providing information and data as requested, including changing needs and requests from members.
- Promptly report to the manager any customer service concerns and/or any potential HIPAA violations, whether real or perceived.
- Informs manager of site or work difficulties, special facility project requests, and fluctuating volume in daily workload.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a computer for data entry, data retrieval and all other tasks associated with releasing information services and time reporting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, organize workload, and prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
- Ability to recognize situationswithin the context of job functions and reporting potential issues to the supervisor and/or operations manager.
- Maintains knowledge of security procedures to ensure a safe working environment and reports security concerns to the Supervisor and/or Operations Manager
- Maintains a valid and valid driver’s license and warrants that personal automobile insurance is in effect and will be maintained, at least to the amount required by state law, on any automobile or transportation that is used in connection with Company functions.
- Daily checks company email and other assigned email and communication systems, such as REP Online and email assigned to members. Uses tools assigned within established guidelines. Performs other tasks as assigned, including but not limited to working from facilities within 50 miles of the primary location as business needs arise.
- Complies with the Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Standards.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Administrative experience in an office environment; prior release of information, medical records or other related experience in a healthcare setting is preferable.
- Proven customer service and/or training experience.
- Ability to use computer software and technology effectively as required by member facilities, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable ofstandards, policies and procedures for releasing information and HIPAA regulations and completing work in compliance with these and other standards.
- Ability to read and understand simple health terminology
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills required
- Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine and multi-line telephone system and other necessary work tools
To Ensuring the safety of patients and staff, many of our customers require post-offer health screenings and testing and/or completion of various vaccinations, such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests for exemption from these requirements will be reviewed by Ciox Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in which you will work, exemptions may be available based on disability, medical contraindications for the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or medical conditions related to pregnancy and/or religion.
Company: Ciox Health
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.