Are you looking for a Job at Catchafire in Phoenix, AZ
About the work
Help the St. Louis Queer Support Helpline (SQSH) configure accounting software to support your budgeting and reporting needs.
Our mission is to serve and strengthen the St. Louis LGBTQIA community by providing empathic listening, connections to LGBTQIA affirmation resources, and LGBTQIA needs advocacy in the St. Louis MO-IL metropolitan area.
We are a non-profit, community-based community focused on providing support and spaces for queer St. Louisans to lead fulfilling lives.
Curiosity about us
As a peer-to-peer organization by and for the St. Louis LGBTQIA community, SQSH represents a grassroots, radical community that prioritizes social justice, equity, and doing things differently than other non-profit organizations. established in St. Louis.
What will you work on
- Setup of selected accounting software (eg Aplos, Araize)
- Training and guidance on managing the system and generating basic reports
We’ve been using Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel before, but now that our organizational budget has grown from $30,000/year to $80,000/year, we’d like to move to QuickBooks Online, which we’ll purchase this month through TechSoup.
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Experience setting up an accounting system and/or software from scratch
- Ability to configure regular logging, reconciliation and reporting practices
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 20-35 hours for 1-3 weeks
Why you’ll love volunteering with us
- Hone your skills while supporting a cause that matters to you
- Get examples of work and references to add to your portfolio
- Direct impact on an organization Onsite Community
- Work remotely and create your own programming
Catchafire is committed to helping non-profit organizations affected by COVID-19 that need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits and social businesses with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills for free. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well defined, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of non-profit consultants.
LinkedIn for good volunteering
Vacancy Type: Volunteer · Associate
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org