This Job Listing is about Pathfinder International in Islamabad,Islāmābād,Pakistan 2022
About the job
<!--> CASE REVIEWER - ISLAMABAD BASED
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder seeks to improve access to services for the survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (GBV), and child abuse by linking them to appropriate and effective service providers on a sustainable referral pathway, through working with community champions, engaging with men and boys, women and girls, and community influencers.
The project envisions protecting sexual and reproductive health outcomes that are impacted by violence, incorporating behavior change communication and tools, developing community-based protection approaches, and initiating interventions to create an enabling, gender-positive environment for the prevention and mitigation of gender-based violence.
The GBV/Child Protection Case Reviewer will work to conduct an assessment of GBV/Child Protection cases to ensure improved quality of health and psychosocial support for child protection and GBV survivors, that enhance survivors’ ability to receive confidential, safe, and timely services that meet their needs in a timely manner.
Key Job Outcomes:
Center / Division Management
- Works with the teams to implement the strategic approach of the project specific to survivors of violence and prevention of SGBV.
- Assists in the development of quarterly and annual plans for project implementation.
- Develop and maintain strong coordination with refugees’ camps and all relevant stakeholders like Deputy Commissioner, and District Health Officer.
- Stay abreast of evolving technical priorities and trends in global health in order to position the organization for success.
- Generate a large body of content and evidence on health systems and services topics that help deliver high-impact results.
Meeting & Forum Attendance:
- Assessment of GBV/Child protection cases for care for adult survivors of GBV and age-appropriate specialized support and care for adolescent, male, and girl child survivors of GBV, including counseling and case management.
- Follow GBV guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, safety/security and non-discrimination while reviewing cases
- Ensure proper management of identified cases for effective referrals and high-quality care services
- Ensure proper documentation of reported cases of GBV and child protection incidences through
- Ensure all documentation on reported cases and referrals made are updated, accurate, organized, and well maintained by social workers.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and strengthen referral networks and monitor the implementation of the referral pathway to improve survivors’ access to confidential, safe GBV and child protection services in a timely manner to meet their needs
- Clear understanding, including demonstrated positive attitudes on gender inequality, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients always is essential.
- Submit monthly work plan/activity calendar with the Program team.
- Create linkages and referrals as per the need of the project.
- Prepare relevant reports, and work closely with technical and program staff to ensure high-quality project implementation.
Minimum Education And Work Experience
- Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration. Identifies new and improved approaches, methods, and ideas.
Preferred Education And Work Experience
- Bachelors in Humanities/Social Sciences
- Diploma in Social Work/Social Sciences/Counseling/psychology/ health or another related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of international humanitarian field experience.
Competencies and Attributes
- Relevant educational background and knowledge of the UN.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations
- Foundational knowledge of countries’ public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of GBV and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of assigned programs or projects, including program or project strategies and indicators.
- Ability to deliver training to diverse groups.
- Data Processing: Foundational knowledge of data processing.
- PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of databases and internet applications.
- Should have preferably worked on a project or field-related activities.
- Ability to lead, train, supervises, facilitate and motivate other GBV staff and local partners in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and can coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail. The ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including the ability to create trust, support, respect, and interact with survivors of all ages, backgrounds, and diversity.
- Ability to work in a complex environment, be responsible for multiple tasks, and produce high-quality results in a short time.
- Willingness for frequent travel to field sites.
- Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues within an individual’s area of expertise.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures and adapt to local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Travel required (less than or equal to 50%)
- Uses cellular and office phones, laptops or desktop computer
- This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
- Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.-->
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Please submit your application via this website no later than October 2nd, 2022.
Company: Pathfinder International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Islamabad,Islāmābād,Pakistan
Application Deadline: N/A