Website Downer New Zealand
This Job Listing is about Downer New Zealand in Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand 2022
Mā te whanaungatanga ka angitū – Relationships creating success. We are committed to creating and sustaining the modern environment by building trusted relationships with our customers, our people and our communities to help them thrive.
Our ambition is to build a better New Zealand and deliver a greater impact to communities across three key sectors: Transport, Utilities and Facilities.
As the largest provider of services to asset owners in New Zealand, Downer has 10,000+ skilled employees in more than 120 locations across the country. From Kaitaia to Invercargill, our teams maintain and renew vital infrastructure assets that support our communities, address infrastructure needs and enable economic growth. Our work is underpinned by our four pillars: safety, delivery relationships and thought leadership.
An exciting opportunity to join a leading provider across the Infrastructure, Utilities and Services markets.
About The Role
A great opportunity for an experienced Coordinator has come up to join our Corridor Access Requests (CARs) team in Auckland. You will be an important part of the team, as you will be coordinating and integrating multiple activities across multiple functional lines. You will be required to communicate effectively with clients, Councils and Utility Companies both internal and external to produce required outcomes. In this role, you will actively seek improvement opportunities to increase margin, client satisfaction and Downer’s overall company standing.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following attributes:
- Effectiveness as a communicator (both verbal and written) and integrator
- Able to earn perceived authority – earn respect, and motivate people
- A generalist rather than a specialist
- Flexible and adaptable to situations
- Preference for significant initiative and leadership
- Able to balance technical solutions with time, cost and human factors
- Able to identify where things could go wrong and initiate back up plans (Risk Management)
- Someone who enjoys Admin related tasks and coordination between Stakeholders
- Negotiation skills
While it is essential you have the above skills, having the following will be an advantage but not necessary:
- TC and STMS – Level 1
- Knowledge of Council, Regulatory bodies and/or relevant authorities
- Knowledge and understanding of COPTTM (Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management)
- Knowledge of Reinstatement responsibilities as per the National code
- Delegated authority for RCA’s is ideal
We like team players; if you are the one and looking for an exciting new challenge, then we’d love to hear from you!
We provide excellent training and ongoing support to enhance you to become a successful CAR Coordinator. We offer the opportunity to be part of a great team, a collaborative working environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop your career!
If you think you are up for the challenge and have a “can do” attitude, interested parties are encouraged to apply online today www.downercareers.co.nz reference 594172.
In our Zero Harm environment, all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Company: Downer New Zealand
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A