Are you looking for a Job at Canva in Austin, TX
About the job
We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Visual Content team
From branding to social media, posters to stickers, to videos and beyond, the Visual Content Team empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. Canva’s templates team is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing visuals, to pave the way for the future of our design library.
About Canva Studio
The Canva Studio is part of our Visual Content team, creating templates for our many global partners that use Canva on their platforms. Working with clients is Canva Studio’s specialty, and this team forms an exciting bridge between our many partners and their success on Canva. We work directly with global clients to integrate, educate and enable them to use Canva in the best possible way. Our team of creative professionals provide strategic guidance, facilitate engaging educational opportunities, launch compelling campaigns, and even create assets to enable a client’s internal teams to use Canva with ease. Canva Studio contributes directly to Canva’s business success by helping acquire, retain and grow partners on the platform.
About the role
As a Design Strategist for the Canva Studio team you will help us onboard, amplify and support our growing partner base by providing world class creative solutions on our platform. The Design Strategist will connect the dots between client needs, research, data, product, creative development and design execution. The Design Strategist will use big picture thinking, insight-gathering, and storytelling skills to develop the best Canva solutions for our clients and provide to our design teams with feedback to ensure creative is hitting the desired mark. This role will work alongside Account Executives to assist prospects and existing customers through the buying process and will then collaborate with Creative and Customer Success teams to ensure a successful activation experience. The Design Strategist will also engage internal Product teams to identify feature and integration opportunities.
We are looking for a seasoned creative who not only has an eye for design, but a tech-savvy problem solver who is strategic at their core. You are undoubtedly charismatic and are energized by interacting with others. You are an out-of-the-box thinker who always has the needs of the client top of mind. Ideally you will come from a creative agency and/or tech background with an extensive understanding of the client management process and are very comfortable presenting work to clients. You are the calm in the storm and able to maneuver tough questions quickly and with ease. You will have led and executed the delivery of print & digital campaigns or projects.
- Support and lead conversations directly with exciting global clients
- Provide strategic guidance to clients that allows them to be the most successful on Canva
- Partner with Design, Sales and Product teams to optimise how we support our clients and identify new opportunities
- Regularly liaise with Product teams to understand the ever evolving Canva feature set and product roadmap
- Communicate effectively with the internal Design team, briefing them clearly and removing any ambiguity from client requests
- Write clear creative briefs based on client needs that internal and external teams can understand
- Provide feedback on designs to ensure they meet brief requirements, while Creative Leads maintain top quality output from the team
- Work with leadership to improve the Canva Creative Studio offering
- Encourage and facilitate design research, brainstorming, and design reference sessions with the team
You will have
- 5+ years experience as a creative and strategic thinker, preferably with an agency background with tech product experience. Ideally you’ve most recently held a position as a Creative Account Manager, Creative Strategist or an Art Director who is ready to be less on the tools and take on a more strategic role
- Experience working directly with clients, able to take briefs and recognize clients needs
- A love for design and creativity with a great eye for layout and brand consistency
- The ability to write simple and clear briefs, with experience in seeing those briefs through with your team from start to finish
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work with other Canva teams where needed to create quality and exciting templates and campaigns
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, problem-solve and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn’t just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com