Bechtel Corporation Jobs in Ash Sharmah, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia – Environmental Specialist – Field Inspections
Website Bechtel Corporation
Are you looking for a Job at Bechtel Corporation in Ash Sharmah, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Requisition ID: 242091
Requisition Posting End Date: 11/10/2021
NEOM Project Summary: Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia . The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt , Israel , and Jordan . It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.”
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
Environmental Specialist – Inspection
Responsible for development and implementation of the environmental inspection program on the project under the direction of the Environmental Manager. Provide technical oversight of the project’s environmental compliance activities through identification of inspection requirements. Coordinates with the construction leads and delivery package HSE Managers to assist them in integrating and/or addressing the applicable environmental requirements in their work products and activities. Coordinate with the Environmental Manager to tailor and deliver the training to ensure environmental regulatory and objective compliance.
Essential Job Duties
- Help develop and implement the project-level environmental inspection program, that meets the requirements of ISO 14001 and NEOM Environment Department.
- Provide assistance to project and construction management in identifying and complying with project environmental procedures and in addressing environmental issues as they arise during project execution
- Coordinate with and provide technical assistance to delivery package HSE Managers with regards to compliance with project-specific environmental requirements through package specific inspection programs
- Provide technical support and assistance directly to construction supervision and subcontractors in planning and executing field activities in accordance with the project environmental requirements
- Under the direction of the Environmental Manager, is responsible for drafting environmental awareness training programs and inspection reports.
- Conduct environmental compliance inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with environmental requirements including contractual commitments, EIA, permits, and the project’s CESMP
- Carry out audits of environmental compliance implementation by the delivery packages (compliance with contract, CESMP, EIA & EMS)
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, environmental engineering, or related discipline
- Knowledge of environmental sciences/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies
- Knowledge of national and international environmental laws/regulations and regulatory/resource agencies’ permitting processes and responsibilities, industry standards for environmental compliance (ISO 14001), and best management practices for minimizing potential environmental impacts during project execution
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of environmental subcontractors or consultants
- Experience in environmental monitoring and compliance inspection during construction
- Experience of implementing 3rd Party verified ISO 14001 EMS on a major infrastructure project
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and waste management, erosion and sediment control methods, and restoration techniques
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Bachelor of Science degree in life sciences (e.g., biology, ecology, forestry) or physical sciences (e.g., geology, meteorology), or environmental engineering from an accredited college or university
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing environmental programs, budgets and staff) and field environments (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Company: Bechtel Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Ash Sharmah, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.