Website BC Housing
Are you looking for a Job at BC Housing in Makkah Region
About the job
Job ID: 3969
Location: VICTORIA, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on ‘Apply’ below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people’s lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
And While They’re Here, Employees Can Take Advantage Of Many Opportunities
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians.
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Provides general groundskeeping, landscape maintenance and gardening of Commission-owned properties, including those operated by non-profit housing providers.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Performs Groundskeeping, Landscape Maintenance And Gardening Duties
- Performs a variety of tasks encompassing most elements of landscape maintenance, groundskeeping and gardening;
- Carries out planting, cultivation, mowing, edging, weeding, and applies lime to lawns;
- Prunes shrubs; trees and ground covers;
- Keeps walks, driveways and entrances clean, minor patch repair to asphalt, snow and ice removal and application of ice melt products as required;
- Operates and does minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, trimmers and sweepers such as sharpening blades and uses various equipment and tools as required in the performance of their role;
- Operates various Employer’s vehicles as qualified including trailers to load, unload and deliver supplies and equipment and/or Employer’s assets;
- Maintains outdoor storm drains and sewers;
- Constructs and repairs various landscape and fencing projects (e.g. retaining walls, patio boxes, etc.);
- Install and repair lawns and lawn maintenance equipment (e.g. sod, in ground sprinklers, etc.);
- Operate landscaping vehicles and maintenance equipment as qualified;
- Required to utilize tact and diplomacy in possible tenant interaction. Refers tenants to other staff where appropriate. In some occasions may be required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
- Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required
- An Eligibility List will be established
How To Apply
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please Review The Job Description Prior To Applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected] .
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter + LinkedIn
Company: BC Housing
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Makkah Region
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org