Website Ball Corporation
Are you looking for a Job at Ball Corporation in Waddell, AZ
Ball Corporation provides innovative and sustainable aluminum packaging solutions for customers of beverage, personal care and household products, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the United States government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and had net sales of $ 11.6 billion in 2018. For more information, please visit www.ball.com or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary purpose of the position
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant’s production goals, overall business plans and objectives as indicated.
Essential Responsible Areas
- Comply with established workplace safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and company guidelines for the safe performance of your work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Use the forklift during routine tasks.
- Unloads, receives, inspects and prepares raw materials, scrap, packaging materials, chemicals and other supplies.
- Removes finished products from production areas ensuring proper identification, wrapping and labeling to meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for replenishing stocks in assigned areas.
- Review the warehouse’s production planning program to determine shipping and receiving duties.
- Ensures finished products are properly documented for shipment.
- Facilitates and loads finished products and materials according to the warehouse and production planning schedule.
- Coordinates all waste materials processed in bins and hoppers. Bands and material stores. Load trucks as needed.
- Conducts inspection of assigned equipment.
- Inspects the materials used for packaging and inspects trailers and airbags.
- Notify management of any machine malfunctions.
- Performs record keeping functions as required under the direction of management.
- Communicate relevant information.
- Carries out cleaning, painting and cleaning tasks.
- Initiates, reviews and follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the department, division, group and company. It includes the ability to manage stress and interact with others in order to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and to minimize personal conflict.
- Required to work at assigned hours or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. The appointee must be able to regularly work overtime and/or be contactable as directed by management.
- Communicates with the Emergency Coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) about environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC indications duringemergencies by knowing the procedures, equipment and emergency systems, if necessary. Implement the contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understand, complete and maintain the environmental documentation for which the individual is trained or as indicated by CE, EFP or EM (e.g. inspections, labeling, record keeping, equipment maintenance, etc. ). Reports to the EC, EFP, oEM on the status of the assigned responsibilities.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as indicated during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices adequate accumulation and storage requirements for waste.
- Comply with environmental regulations when using, dispensing or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and waste.
Position requirements and skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Work experience of at least 1 year.
- Ability to apply standard assessment, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard materials handling techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Must be able to handle related and proprietary confidential information confidentially.
- Carry out individual assignments that management can direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices and standards of conduct as set forth in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- On-the-job and classroom training required.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge and skills.
- Practical knowledge of the following areas: forklift maintenance and operation; rules and regulations for the handling of batteries or LPG gas tanks; nomenclature of assigned equipment.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Ability to pass an approved forklift test.
- Works in a production environment.
- This location is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- You must wear safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate clothing and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Work in confined areas.
Compensation and benefits
- SALARY RANGE FOR HIRING: $ 21.22/hour (salary to be determined based on education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the candidate, as well as internal and external equity.)
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- For full-time and hourly salaried positions, Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more information.
Equal Opportunities Employer
Minority, Women, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Veteran ”
Company: Ball Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Waddell, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com