Website BAI Security
Are you looking for a Job at BAI Security in United States
About the job
INDUSTRY: Information Technology Security
INTERNSHIP AREA AVAILABLE: IT Security Auditor/Penetration Tester
COMPANY: BAI Security
COMPANY HQ: Schaumburg, IL (National firm, remote workforce)
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY: Headquartered in the Chicago area is a pure play IT security assessment and compliance auditing firm, ready to give outstanding candidates a tremendous opportunity to learn, grow, and potentially secure full-time employment with our award-winning company.
Established in 2007 and led by our Founding President/CEO Michael Bruck (2021 appointee to the prestigious Forbes Technology Council), BAI Security’s rocket growth is heavily spurred by a global need for highly qualified security assessment professionals… enter our unparalleled team of in-house experts, who’ll be your mentors.
TIMEFRAME: Our internships are available year-round, so candidates are welcome to submit materials on a rolling basis. However, we are currently looking to identify two IT Security here in late 2021 to begin their internship in early 2022 (likely February). Internship length is determined with each candidate based upon their availability and our potential for full-time openings. Internships will be no shorter than 8 weeks and no longer than 12 weeks.
LOCATION: In our commitment to work-life balance, our entire workforce is fully remote, as are our internships. Interns may work from wherever they have a solid internet connection and the ability to successfully complete internship learning and professional experiences.
HOURS: This is a 40-hour per week internship, with work hours falling within standard business hours, approximately M-F, 8/9am-5/6pm.
ABOUT THE INTERNS WE’RE SEEKING: We’re looking for interns who may be: 1. Superstar college seniors (ideally graduated by December 2021, so they can commit to a full-time internship) or recent Bachelor’s Degree graduates with a major in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related degrees, to gain hands-on experience with our fast-growing company in one of the most exciting and critical industries on earth – I.T. security; OR 2. Talented, driven folks with some college coursework or an Associate’s Degree in the aforementioned areas, as well as some real-world experience in I.T. Security and/or certifications.
We’re excited to interview internship candidates who are ready to jump in and be trained in our array of security assessment services, while also enjoying the chance to apply recent studies and test the professional waters at a nationally-recognized company known for its friendly team, positive culture, high client satisfaction, and cutting-edge industry leadership.
POTENTIAL FOR HIRE: Unlike many organizations, that bring in a slew of interns only to turn them out a few months later, at BAI, we only bring in the number of interns for whom we foresee the strong potential for a permanent opening. That way, our interns are learning from our team, but also working for a likely opportunity.
While we cannot guarantee a job offer at the end of an internship, we can say that 100% of our 2021 interns were offered and accepted permanent roles with us in IT Security, IT Compliance, and Marketing! As we DO anticipate openings in spring 2022 for the IT Security Team, these interns will have the rare chance to be exclusively considered for any openings before a competitive national search is conducted. As such, this is an exceptional opportunity to come in, learn, show us what you can do, and get to the “front of the line” for role consideration!
INTERN STATUS: This is an 8- to 12-week, temporary, unpaid internship with the potential, at the 8- to 12-week mark, of turning into a full-time, permanent position with an annual salary and top tier Blue Cross Blue Shield benefits eligibility at the 90-day employment mark (medical, dental, vision, life, and optional 401K).
I.T. SECURITY/PEN-TESTING INTERNS WILL GAIN EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Learning BAI Security’s services from a team of highly trained, certified, and experienced in-house experts
- Learning how to evaluate an organization’s firewall and wireless configurations, as well as network and antivirus policies / procedures compared to current industry best practices
- Performing vulnerability and/or penetration tests on client environments
- Completing assessment work papers by documenting assessment tests and findings
- Learning red team and social engineering methods (email [phishing], phone, and in-person) to apply in client evaluations
- Understanding how to build strong partnerships with clients via service, frequent communication, and follow up
- Learning how to identify and recommend opportunities where clients may reduce risk and improve their security posture
- Producing well-written professional reports for executives and managers based upon assessment findings
ALL INTERNS ARE EXPECTED TO BE:
- Foundationally knowledgeable in IT security but also eager to learn and apply in real-world engagements
- Professionally communicative, both verbally and in writing
- Positive in attitude and receptive to feedback
- Self-driven and hard-working
- Collaborative and a helpful team player
- Proactive and innovative
- Agile and solution-oriented
- Detail-focused with an eye on the bigger picture of our company’s mission and business
- Consistently professional and of high integrity
- Attentive to the external reputation of our organization, representing it professionally and positively at all times
So come on board, take in the in-depth training we’ll provide to set you up for success,
and use it to knock our socks off and land a position on this very special team!
Here’s how to apply…
REQUIRED – INTERNSHIP CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO BE CONSIDERED:
- You’ve recently earned your Bachelor’s degree, you’re about to complete your Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited university majoring in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or another related degree (You LOVE your major and can’t wait to do it “for real!”) OR you have some formal education but also solid real-world experience and/or certifications (You’ve had a taste of the “real deal,” and you want more!)
- You have a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher for your most recent degree or coursework. (Transcripts may be requested.)
- You can provide the names and contact information for 2 professional (non-family/non-personal) references, such as 2 professors in your major or recent internship supervisors or employers. (Show us you’re a standout from your peers!)
- You are a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- You possess strong communication skills, both in writing and speaking. (This is a big part of what we do!)
- You learn quickly and can do so in a fast-paced environment. (You welcome a challenge and thrive when multi-tasking.)
- You’re sincerely interested in the potential of full-time employment following the internship if mutually agreeable. (You could create your own job opportunity with this!)
- You have a remote workspace that is distraction-free and a reliable internet connection.
- You possess what we seek in all teammates at BAI Security (see ALL INTERNS ARE EXPECTED TO BE above).
PREFERRED – INTERNSHIP CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE FOLLOWING MAY BE PRIORITIZED FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Hands-on experience via prior practicum, internship, or employment
- Evidence of exceptionality among peers (university awards, professional recognition, etc.)
- Experience generating positive customer-/client-facing interactions in any setting
- Relevant professional certifications earned or underway
WHAT/WHERE TO SUBMIT MATERIALS: Please submit the following to BAI Security’s Internship Manager at [email protected]:
- A cover letter, being sure to note the internship track you’re interested in (I.T. Security) and how you meet the REQUIRED criteria, as well as any PREFERRED criteria.
- A resumé with your degree(s) information, relevant coursework/experience to date, latest GPA, any certifications earned or underway, and names/contact information for 2 professional (non-family, non-personal) references.
WHEN TO APPLY: Internships come available year-round, but we are currently looking to identify two IT Security Interns by end of 2021 to begin an internship in 2022 (likely February start). So if interested, apply today!
ABOUT BAI SECURITY: BAI Security is the leader in cybersecurity and compliance for numerous IT-centric industries. With our team of highly dedicated experts, we continually deliver groundbreaking new IT services to our clients, keeping us on the cutting edge of cyber-solutions and our clients ahead of evolving cyberthreats. We’re at the top of the security game, utilizing best-in-breed tools and industry-leading methods that have earned us repeated national distinction, including 2021’s Most Influential Leaders in Security, 2021 Forbes Technology Council, 10 Best Security Solution Providers of 2020, 10 Best Companies of 2020, and more.
While other providers dabble in cybersecurity among many other areas, our dedicated focus and continual innovations mean we ARE IT security — and our rapid growth for over a decade in Healthcare and Pharmaceutical, Banking and Finance, and many other highly regulated sectors proves it. With IT security and compliance the fastest growing area of IT, we anticipate continued rapid growth and opportunities within our company.
Our team is made up of highly diverse, hand-selected expert IT security engineers, compliance auditors, partnership developers, marketing personnel, and more. Some are industry veterans, elevating our in-house expertise; others are newer to the profession, learning and growing with us – and that includes interns aspiring for a career in this exciting industry!
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit www.baisecurity.net/ and www.baisecurity.net/careers/ or email us at [email protected].
Company: BAI Security
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com