Website BAE Systems
Are you looking for a Job at BAE Systems in Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Ground Support Systems (GSS) Administrator
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor (PC) under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, this role for delivering the engineering and technical aspects encompassed in GSS, to ensure the continuous availability of the mission critical GSS. The GSS Administrator will provide management, maintenance and administration of the GSS, ensuring that day-to-day liaison between the GSS Team Leaders, Typhoon Support Centre (TSC), Forward Ops, and the RSAF GSS Administrators is carried out and all stakeholders have a clear understanding of any aspects that could affect GSS availability.
- Delivery of all Typhoon GSS Administration activities associated with the delivery, mobilisation and maintenance of all GSS installations in support of RSAF Typhoon operations at main operating bases and KSA based deployments.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to Approved Data and qualified processes.
- Support project teams with technical issues in the design, planning, initialisation and rollout of solutions to provide GSS capability to the Salam organisation.
- Installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of system hardware and software related to the GSS Operational infrastructure to be utilised in support of GSS activities.
- Raise Technical Publications Request Form (TPRF’s) against approved data when necessary.
- Understand all aspects of GSS and its associated systems and how their availability impacts on the Business objectives, understand how their respective roles align with the overall Business plan.
- Assist with the transfer of knowledge, mentoring, counterpart development and consolidation activities with the RSAF GSS System Administrators and PC SNs.
- Responsible to the GSS Team Leader for the delivery of the Typhoon GSS Administrator Service to the RSAF.
- Ensure compliance with all governance requirements of the Operational Framework including; ITAR, LCM, planning, monitoring, change control.
- Ensure adherence of all SHE and Quality Assurance standards across all GSS related activities, including compliance with all related regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective management of Safety, SHE and Quality Assurance across all GSS related activities, including compliance with all related regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all governance requirements of the Operational Framework including; ITAR, planning, monitoring, change control, control of budgets.
- Understand the IBP and how the IBP impacts on the Business objectives and be able to convey to the team how their respective roles align with the overall Business plan.
- Understand all aspects of GSS and its associated systems and how their availability impacts on the Business objectives, and be able to convey to the team how their respective roles align with the overall Business plan.
- Work with UK teams and suppliers to maintain high levels of customer service.
- Complete all mandated business and technical related training.
- Accountable to the GSS Team Leaders and GSS Manager for the delivery of the GSS Administration Service in compliance with the Salam QMS.
- Must have extensive experience within the field of Operational IT, Infrastructure management and service delivery in respect of GSS.
- Ideally educated to bachelor degree level in a relevant computer science or engineering discipline.
- High level of interpersonal skills, able to co-ordinate a number of activities and the ability to communicate, influence and direct decision making.
- Relevant GSS hardware qualifications (Fujitsu, NetApp, Cisco).
- Relevant GSS software qualifications (MS Windows, Oracle, AIX).
- Aircraft data management experience.
- TeamCentre experience.
- IMS experience.
- TrilogiView experience.
- WDMS experience.
- Extensive experience in systems installation, setting to work, commissioning and customer acceptance of IT systems.
- Understanding and application of the LCM processes.
- Change management of IT systems.
- Configuration and baseline management of IT systems.
- Leadership, delegation and team building skills for the effective people management.
- Maintenance of inter-team dependencies across suppliers and customer boundaries.
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and utilities, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
Saudi National Employee Benefits
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.
08/Nov/21, 8:59:00 PM
Company: BAE Systems
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com