BAE Systems careers in Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia – Head of Supply Chain – RSAF Typhoon
Website BAE Systems
Are you looking for a Job at BAE Systems in Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Title: Head of Supply Chain – RSAF Typhoon
Location: Taif, Saudi Arabia
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
Directly accountable to the Operations Director Salam, the Head of Supply’s primary objective is to lead & advise the Salam Supply Chain organisation and associated stakeholders. These culturally diverse teams comprise of BAE Systems Saudi Arabia, SMSCMC, BAE Systems MAI, MODSAP, RSAF and 3rd party sub-contractor teams/staff.
The post holder will work closely with our Supply Chain Service provider to assure the service provision meets that required to support the customer and meets the contractual deliverables. He will integrate with the Head of Maintenance to ensure that a one team consolidated view of the fleet maintenance plan and all considerations that could affect the plan are understood and factored in to enable an effective plan to be discharged to support customer priorities.
The Head of Supply is the is the primary customer interface for contractual SSS Phase 3 contractual supply chain fleet matters at King Fahad Air Base Taif. Through a ‘one team’ approach, he will develop, agree and deploy joint plans with all stakeholders and the RSAF customer, to ensure continual and optimised development of the Salam Supply Chain. This role has significant influence over the strategic plan to Saudise the Salam Supply Chain activities in line with the contractual commitments.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring all stakeholders are appropriately advised in support of delivering the Salam Project objectives whilst also identifying, developing and delivering strategic, tactical, business and operational opportunities
- Develop and foster long term relationships with the customer executive teams at HQ RSAF Riyadh and King Fahad Air Base Taif and the relevant executive Teams in BAES E&I and Eurofighter in order that a cost effective future supply chain can be developed, planned and achieved.
- Develop jointly with the customer, via the Salam Supply Chain Performance Review, both the tactical and strategic plans which meet the operational requirements of the customer and the contractual requirements of the Salam Project.
- Provide assurance that the Salam Supply Chain Service Provider (SMSCMC) that the service provision meets that required to support the customer, meets the contractual deliverables and is discharged in line with the RSAF Regulatory Framework for Logistics (RFL 4-7167-1) and company standards and procedures.
- Provide management of the Salam Supply Chain Team(s) for all aspects of the contractual obligations. The Supply Chain activities are to be integrated and deployed through the company’s maintenance and technical organisations and through the RSAF Command Structure via the Integrated Logistics Operations Centre (ILOC) and Maintenance Operations Flight (MOF).
- Formulating, presenting the Supply Chain plans for approval and influencing customer decisions concerning the planning of scheduled/unscheduled maintenance activities, deployment activities etc. in order to keep the Typhoon fleet available and capable to execute the force priorities.
- Enhance and augment the current Supply Chain Organisation by continually developing and deploying repeatable processes & procedures, new capabilities and toolsets in support of the strategic planning assumptions and tactical issues.
- Provide governance to the Supply Chain Organisation in accordance with the Contractual Requirements of Annex B to Typhoon LOA 2 SoW, the RFL and the Supply Chain Functional Mandates.
- Provide frequent reporting to support key performance indicators for the SSS Ph 3 contract covering Supply Chain status and operational readiness.
- Provide support to both Taif Operational & Management reviews and Riyadh based reviews as necessary.
- Build and maintain a constructive and trusting relationship with the RSAF Customer, MODSAP, RAF and Typhoon core programme personnel.
- Support and provide inputs contract status reports including estimates at completion (EAC) and on-going resource plans to meet the requirements of the SSS Ph3 contract.
- Support to the design and estimating processes in support of the SSS Ph4 contract development and subsequent reviews, challenges and negotiations.
- Provide a structured training programme to support the development of Supply Chain staff and the Typhoon Supply Chain Training Programme cohorts.
- Support on-going Engineering and Life Cycle Management activities.
- Develop and adhere to local SHE plans reporting on hazardous occurrences including accident /incident collation and reporting.
- Must have an understanding of all parts of the business lifecycle from business winning and bid work through to in-service support and disposal. Desirable, an experienced LCM Assessor or Chair.
- Must have Project Management experience with a demonstrable record of success of delivering and interacting with senior military stakeholders in a partnered environment
- It is desirable to have experience in the Middle East but an individual with the appropriate interpersonal skills will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain standards to meet an Operational flying programme
- Knowledge and experience of working in a fast jet operations support environment
- Knowledge of the Typhoon aircraft, from a support or operational perspective.
- Previous experience of working with the RAF or RSAF
- Significant knowledge and network base across the BAESYSTEMS Saudi Arabia organisation and the wider UK organisation.
- Experience of wide stakeholder management within both the MODSAP and RSAF organisations
Expatriate Employee Benefits
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
Saudi National Employee Benefits
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure .
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.
17/Nov/21, 11:59:00 PM
Company: BAE Systems
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.