Associate, Digital Health and Diagnostics in Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. 2022 at Kigali, Kigali City, Rwanda
Website Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc.
This Job Listing is about Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. in Kigali, Kigali City, Rwanda 2022
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries (LMICs) while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
CHAI’s diagnostics work aims to address barriers to access and foster a healthy competitive marketplace for essential diagnostic testing for HIV, TB, Hepatitis, Cervical Cancer, Covid-19, Antimicrobial resistance (AMR), and other diseases. CHAI plays a leading role in coordinating work globally on access to diagnostics in LMICs, working closely with diagnostics manufacturers, governments, and multilateral organizations to lower prices, increase access to testing, and accelerate the entry and uptake of new innovative products within countries.
Technology can play a key role in achieving these objectives. CHAI’s digital health team works with governments, end users (e.g., healthcare providers, health system managers, patients), technology organizations, and donors to apply technology effectively to catalyze government goals on diagnostics. The CHAI team designs and develops fit-for-purpose and scalable digital products, supports governments to scale and sustain technologies, and creates an enabling digital ecosystem.
Overview Of Role
CHAI is seeking a driven and highly motivated individual to drive the design, development, and implementation of digital products for diagnostic data systems and AI-based digital diagnostics products. They will work closely with internal teams and external partners to provide technical leadership and help governmental programs improve how they collect, analyze, and use data for diagnostics. The individual will provide strategic input and operationalize thoughtful design, creation, modification, and maintenance of potentially complex and diverse digital platforms; lead training sessions related to the deployment and use of technology solutions; and help staff use and troubleshoot digital solutions on an ongoing basis.
The candidate will also identify, build, and manage relationships with technology organizations/developers whose products can be used for improving diagnostics systems, and provide strategic guidance on integration and scalability of such products across programs. They will support scoping activities and assessments to identify gaps that can be addressed through new or existing tools and approaches, and inform how they can accelerate progress towards country strategies.
A successful candidate will need to possess strong communication, organizational, and project management skills. They must exhibit a passion for results, a commitment to excellence, and the capacity to facilitate multi-stakeholder and strategic discussions. CHAI places great value on the following qualities in its staff resourcefulness, responsibility, patience, tenacity, humility, independence, energy, and work ethic.
This position can be based in Kigali however there is flexibility in the base location for this role, pending leadership approval, with preference for a base location in a CHAI program country in Africa.
Scoping and Strategic Leadership (15%)
- Lead scoping activities on digital health solutions to further diagnostics and lab management goals. Work closely with CHAI teams and external organizations to identify and document challenges and use cases for digital products, existing systems, information flows, infrastructure, and stakeholders.
- Drive the development of a digital diagnostics strategy for the organization. Support the development of country-specific government data systems and management strategies. Advise on strategies and systems for collecting, reporting, storing, cleaning, and analyzing data.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with other CHAI teams and in-country partners working on technology, data, and/or surveillance work, to inform CHAI activities, guide country strategies, and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve program objectives.
Requirements Gathering and System Design (20%)
- Elaborate and document coherent, context-appropriate, and technology-appropriate requirements in partnership with Ministry of Health (MOH) programs, end users and CHAI staff, co-designing solutions with users where applicable. Requirements may include system architecture, form designs, automated data outputs (dashboards, reports), user roles, systems integrations, and usability.
- Play a translational role in communicating technical approaches, user requirements, and software and hardware specifications to non-technical staff within CHAI teams, MOHs, and donors
Technology Project Management (20%)
- Select, liaise with, and manage sub-contractors (software developers) to build and configure applications and integrations according to the defined requirements and timelines
- Create and manage project plans with CHAI teams and MOHs, including project management processes and communications to progressively design, develop, and test systems and tools
- Manage ongoing tracking and prioritization of software development activities. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify challenges and roadblocks, and develop contingency plans.
- Test developer outputs and provide regular feedback on bugs and functionally to ensure solutions are being developed according to specifications
Technology Implementation and Training (20%)
- Work actively with CHAI teams and government stakeholders to develop and implement system roll-out plans, including M&E plans to routinely assess the performance of digital solutions.
- Drive and support technical set up, user testing, training, supervision, monitoring, issue escalation, and transition of product ownership for all country-level implementations
- Develop manuals, SOPs, and training materials to support implementation; help train global, country and MOH program staff in the use of information technology
- Help cultivate a culture of data-use within MOHs by supporting CHAI country teams to monitor and strengthen the quality of data inputs, refine analytical outputs, and develop context-appropriate strategies to strengthen the usage and analysis of data by MOH programs
Technical Support (20%)
- Assist in the configuration of data collection, management, reporting, and analysis tools as needed (both mobile and web-based). Update and thoroughly test tool set ups, including updates to users, organization units, data elements, indicators, data collection forms, and dashboards based on requirements and feedback from end users
- Provide ad-hoc support to teams, particularly with data management and visualization
Knowledge Management (5%)
- Ensure up-to-date documentation is in place to support roll out and maintenance of digital products
- Develop resources, guidelines, and other material to guide and share lessons across teams
- Document lessons learned on technical products for CHAI-wide or global sharing
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (information systems, computer science)
- At least three years’ working experience as a business analyst, product manager, technical project manager, or in a similar role working closely with stakeholders to define and deliver business requirements for technology initiatives
- Proven experience in planning, designing, and implementing technology-based solutions across the full software delivery lifecycle with stakeholders and users, preferably for diagnostics and lab systems
- Experience providing clear guidance and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders on context-appropriate technology solutions, processes, and operational considerations; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Understanding of diagnostics/laboratory data systems; DHIS2 knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with emerging technologies for data collection and reporting; comfort with developing basic data collection forms and reports such as ODK strongly preferred
- Familiarity with emerging technologies for web or mobile application development for data visualization and analysis
- Experience in data management (including managing databases) and data analysis
- High levels of proficiency in Access, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Experience working in an international context and/or entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong work ethic, integrity, credibility, and dedication to CHAI’s mission
- Ability to be effective, calm, and flexible in high-pressure situations, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to effectively prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 30-50% of the year
- Experience with LIMS
- DHIS2 and/or OpenLMIS configuration experience
- Visualization software experience (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Knowledge of global infectious diseases
- Experience working and communicating with government officials and multilateral organizations
Company: Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kigali, Kigali City, Rwanda
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.