Website GovTech Singapore
This Job Listing is about GovTech Singapore in Singapore, Singapore 2022
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The successful candidate will lead a team of finance staff to manage the account receivables, account payables and treasury functions ensuring the billing and collection as well as payment are process timely and accurately and oversee all investment and banking matters.
What you will be working on:
- Supervise a team of staff performing day-to-day finance operations, include account receivables, account payables and treasury.
- Oversee the account receivables to ensure the billing and collection of GovTech’s revenue are carried out timely and promptly.
- Collaborate with the Pricing and Billing Units to reconcile billings and collections and ensure single source of truth on all billing information.
- Oversee the account payables to ensure payment to vendors are processed timely and accurately as well as meeting the key performance indicators for prompt and faster payments.
- Oversee the investment and treasury matters to ensure that the investments are in compliance with governance, risk and compliance framework, accounting in accordance with Statutory Board-Financial Reporting Standards and reporting of the portfolio to stakeholders.
- Ensure that the financial accounting and reporting comply with the relevant Statutory Board- Financial Reporting Standards and Guidance Notes.
- Ensure work processes and practices comply with GovTech’s policies and procedures, relevant government instruction manuals and financial circulars.
- Liaise with and manage external vendors for outsourced account receivables, account payables and treasury functions.
- Ensure that monthly audit schedules and bank reconciliations are performed and reconciliation items are cleared timely.
- Liaise with auditors on matters relating to account receivables, account payables and treasury function.
- Continuous review and streamline of processes for better efficiency while ensure adequate check and balance of controls.
- Handle ad hoc projectsesponsibilities as and when required.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Accountancy or relevant professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum 12 years of working experience in finance, including at least 4 years of audit experience with the big 4 (or large) accounting firms will be considered.
- Workday and Tableau experience are strongly preferred but not compulsory.
- Conversant in Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, local laws and legislation.
- Have systematic and thorough approach to work, with a sense of accountability and time management.
- Proactive, strong analytical skills, meticulous, able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours
Company: GovTech Singapore
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Application Deadline: N/A