Website APM Terminals
This Job Listing is about APM Terminals in Panama City, Panamá, Panama 2022
At APMT we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We have a vision bigger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain.
We count on our people to make this happen. You will play an important role in our success, maximizing the value of APMT cranes while providing oversight of crane integrity, technical expertise, ensuring regulatory requirements are met, and balancing risk and operational priorities.
This position is based in Panamá (Costa del Este – Panamá City)
We offer you exciting career opportunities with international reach to further expand your experience through our award-winning, diversity-focused talent development initiatives.
You will play an important role in our success by supporting global asset maintenance planning in AM program definition and continuous improvement, learning and building relationships with colleagues at other sites.
We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees. Our talent policies are recognized worldwide as among the best in the industry, and we continue to seek new ways to invest in our people through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job. We are proud of this and see it as a real source of strength for building high-performance teams.
- Develop and manage APMT inspection programs and repair activities to ensure cranes structures integrity.
- Ensure all inspections required by terminals are completed and documented appropriately.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining APMT cranes inspection plans, and schedules.
- Ensure cranes inspections are carried out accurately and that all jurisdiction laws, codes, standards, and regulations are upheld
- Manage inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, safety reviews, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables.
- Undertake strategic review and assessments to guide the direction of the execution of the integrity management system.
- Development of risk-based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities.
- Review and assess structural inspections for cranes, take responsibility for the endorsement process for appropriate inspection frequencies and written schemes of examinations.
- Specify remedial action; working to appropriate codes of practices.
- Management of structural models and analyses in accordance with latest API’s, ISO’s codes of practice, in the performance of relevant life extension assessments.
- Ability to identify integrity threats to allow appropriate inspection and repair plans to be developed to manage any anticipated defects that could occur.
- Be responsible for the development, review and update of structural integrity management systems (SIMS), and Asset Integrity Management Systems (AIMS).
- Generate, Specify and Review Repair Orders and Fabric Maintenance Recommendations in terms of scope and suitable timeframes.
We Are Looking For
- An Engineering degree (Bachelor or Master) or equivalent. In addition, you should ideally have 3 years of experience working as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity of mature offshore fixed platforms together with a good grounding in the application of API- RP- 2SIM), ISO 19902- or working as Asset Integrity Engineer with good ground in RBI application of API – RP-580/581.
- Candidates with equivalent structural engineering experience and a passion for steelwork structures in challenging environments will be considered.
- Mastering ASME and API codes and standards
- Sound experience in welding, cracks, and corrosion inspection.
- Advanced knowledge of NDT Methods, and perform non-destructive inspections on components to verify material structural integrity.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office application
- Excellent written and verbal communication- in English.
- The following certifications would be considered:
- API-RP- 970
- API-RP- 571/572
- NACE Corrosion Technologist
- API 1169 certification preferred all levels
- Level II NDE certification.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace. APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals! www.apmterminals.com
Company: APM Terminals
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Panama City, Panamá, Panama
Application Deadline: N/A