Website Asset Living
Are you looking for a Job at Asset Living in Tucson, AZ
About the job
The Porter/Groundskeeper is responsible for the cleanliness of the apartment community including grounds and landscaping, amenities, building exteriors, parking lots and dumpster areas, and other common areas of the community. The Porter/Groundskeeper may also assist in preparing vacant apartments for new residents and responding to routine resident requests for maintenance. The Porter/Groundskeeper demonstrates a high-level of customer service at all times. Porter/Groundskeepers will perform all of their duties in compliance with all federal and state laws pertaining to the apartment industry including Fair Housing.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor (or Community Manager if community is not staffed with a Maintenance Supervisor) and has no subordinates.
- Delivers and promotes excellent customer service and supports the resident retention and service goals of the community at all times.
- Responsible for complying with all community safety policies and procedures including utilizing recommended safety equipment (back belts, safety glasses, etc.).
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the community according to established community standards. Daily, the Porter/Groundskeeper
- Inspects and cleans the property perimeter fencing (inside and outside), the main and secondary entrances to the community, the prospect tour route and exterior foyers of the model apartments, and the areas leading to and from the leasing office to ensure all are clean, neat and trash free.
- Cleans and maintains all dumpster areas. Inspects trash receptacle areas for rodents, ants, flies, and other pests and takes action to eliminate them.
- Cleans and removes trash, debris and animal feces from the grounds, landscaping, breezeways, pool areas, common areas, amenities and parking lots.
- Reports resident lease violations of inappropriate storage of bicycles, motorcycles and other resident property in breezeways or balconies.
- Checks all sprinkler heads to ensure they are working properly and watering the landscaping and vegetation, not building walls, sidewalks and parking lots.
- Reports any fire hazards or safety violations as observed immediately.
- On a periodic schedule or as requested, the Porter/Groundskeeper
- Inspects fire extinguishers to ensure they are in place and functioning properly.
- Hoses down frequently used walkways by the leasing office and model apartments.
- Cleans parking lots.
- Inspects landscaping and removes grass, shrubbery and leaves that are littering the property.
- Assists in preparing apartments for new residents by removing trash and other debris, performing some routine maintenance, painting and cleaning within the time frames established by the community.
- Completes all required forms accurately and in accordance with established community deadlines (i.e. time sheets, turnover cards, service requests, pool logs, maintenance checklists, etc.).
- Follows established procedures for accessing and returning tools and other materials from the maintenance shop. Maintains, secures, organizes and cleans the shop as needed.
- May respond to routine resident requests for maintenance as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor. Cleans up work areas and restores it to its original condition.
- Responsible for reporting to work on time as scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Helps to identify and reports any maintenance or mechanical problems with community equipment, pools, amenities, and tools as necessary to ensure all is in proper working order.
- Participates in all mandatory training programs.
- May be required to assist at other Shelton Residential communities as requested
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively work on a team and contribute to team
- The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, bend, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle tools and controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds individually and up to 200 pounds with assistance devices (i.e. hand trucks, dollies, additional persons, etc.) Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an outdoor environment and is exposed to adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Full Time Employees are eligible for Asset’s health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability insurance) are available the first of the month following 60 days of full-time employment and must be elected no later than your benefits effective date. 401K plans are generally available the following 12-month period. Asset’s standard policy is that new hires are eligible for two weeks of paid time off in your first year with Asset, which is available following 90 days of employment. Thereafter, PTO accrues based on years of service. Full Time Employees are eligible to accrue up to 80 hours of Sick leave per year.
Part Time employees are not eligible for any benefits, unless it is required under State Law. All Colorado employees are eligible to accrue Sick Leave under Colorado law.
Commissions/Bonuses will be paid to eligible employees who have met the requirements in accordance with the policy by division and property. Commissions are not earned until paid. Commissions will be paid to eligible employees who have met the requirements in accordance with the policy by division and property. To be eligible for commissions, you must be actively employed on the day commissions are paid. Actively employed means that the employee is at work performing his or her job duties and the employee is not on a paid or unpaid leave of absence or furlough. Upon resignation or termination of employment for any reason, all employees will forfeit any unpaid commissions, unless otherwise prohibited by state law
Applications are open only to those with certain qualifications, and EMPLOYER may screen or reject candidates based on such qualifications.
Job Opportunities can be found on the following websites: https://www.assetliving.com/careers, https://www.sheltonresidential.com/careers.aspx and https://abres.com/careers.html.
Company: Asset Living
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.