Website Army National Guard
Are you looking for a Job at Army National Guard in Camp, AR
Take control of the skies as an air traffic control operator for the Army National Guard! You will use your organizational skills to track planes and helicopters and ensure safe flight operations by providing precise instructions to your crew.
Advanced Air Traffic Control Operators provide guidance on technical matters to other Soldiers. They also inform the staff on duty about the use of the runway, the conditions of the airport, the weather and the activities on the ground. The skills you learn as an Air Traffic Control Operator will qualify you to work in civil air traffic control towers and centers at airports and airports.
- Control air and land traffic
- Assist in the installation and location of tactical air traffic control facilities
- Process flight plan data and maintain logs, records, files and tape recordings of voice communications
Some of the skills you will learn
- Air traffic control management and operational procedures
- Radar communications and procedures
- Recognition of aircraft
- Take-off, landing and ground control procedures
- Interest in work that requires accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Resolute and work to strict standards
- Ability to work as a team member
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to pursue a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines and government agencies.
Earn money while learning
Instead of paying to learn these skills, getting paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills as you earn a regular salary and qualify for school assistance.
Professional training for an air traffic control operator requires 10 weeks of basic training, during which basic soldier skills are learned. You will then participate in Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which consists of 14 weeks of additional training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part on the field in simulated combat conditions. ”
Company: Army National Guard
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Associate
Job Location: Camp, AR
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com