Are you looking for a Job at Arcadis in Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Reporting to the regional solutions lead for project and program mamagement, as project director, you will direct and manage the delivery of a large, complex mixed use development as PMC, managing relationships with senior stakeholders, and providing a leadership role to the project teams. You will responsible for ensuring all work and outputs are executed to meeting plans and goals.
- Lead an operational team, setting objectives, managing performance and ensuring that staff have the necessary skills to deliver the project objectives
- Translate business objectives into operational financial targets, producing clearly defined business cases, plans and schedules for projects, and taking responsibility for meeting the profit and budgetary targets of the project
- Lead the implementation of complex projects, managing multi-disciplinary teams and working to mid-long term timescales, to ensure delivery standards meet expectations
- Monitor and review the performance and behaviour of all team members, including educating and influencing others, and take action to ensure organisational policies and codes of conduct are followed
- Assure compliance with contracts in terms of project delivery parameters and scope of service
- Analyse and review complex information from a range of data sources including colleagues’ recommendations, in order to identify how different options may impact project delivery and advise clients and internal stakeholders on potential implications
- Develop project management processes and policies and lead the implementation of system improvements for own projects, ensuring developments are in line with strategic business objectives
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and collaboration within projects, to ensure commercial viability and customer satisfaction
- Act as a technical expert within own projects, providing strategic advice to other senior managers, in order to support successful delivery in line with project objectives and strategies
- Manage and build relationships with client project sponsors/stakeholders in order to ensure all parties are informed and aware of project progress and are aligned to meet objectives
- Develop and manage Team Leaders
- Talent development and succession planning
- Accountable for projects definition and delivery
- Accountable for delivery of project(s) within agreed budget – typically AED500m+ (can be Sector dependant)
- Responsible for setting delivery approach for multiple projects and plan in consultation with key stakeholders
- Responsible for establishing project delivery plans and appropriate control mechanisms to assure delivery
- Responsible for performance management of multiple projects, engaging with senior leadership team and Associate / Senior project managers
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the project governance structure
Qualifications & Experience-
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification or chartered status (APMP, RICS or equivalent)
- Relevant experience including experience of managing complex projects
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and lead teams
- Leading project management expert within area of specialism
- Experience of managing business relationships at executive leve
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Transform Your World
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com