Are you looking for a Job at Arcadis in Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
The Commercial Manager role will be leading the cost and commercial management on a major retail/commercial development, focusing on the commercial performance of the program and having great knowledge of the best pre- and post-contact practices.
- Ensuring the client’s commercial position is properly considered in all client and program management decision making
- Leading the identification and implementation of procurement strategies
- Maintaining a clear picture of outturn cost in accordance with standard framework, by ensuring monthly cost reports fully and accurately reflects all contracts let, change, risks, opportunities and variation orders and reporting to senior client level
- Providing the client / project manager with a comprehensive picture of budget, commitment and payment at all times
- Providing the foundations for driving performance of consultant’s, contractors and the supply chain generally
- Maintaining positive supply chain behaviour by payment applications dealt with comprehensively with clarity and within contract timescales
- Identification of actions by client / project manager which potentially undermine the client’s commercial position under the contract or are detrimental to delivery within agreed time, cost and quality parameters
- Resourcing against the needs of the programme, capability and fit
- Providing advice and constructive feedback
- Responsible for the overall commercial performance of the projects/program deployed on
- Drive Continuous Improvement and consistency of commercial processes
- Review/update/maintain commercial protocols and mechanisms
- Review/update/maintain a set of integrated policies, procedures, tools, trackers and system to consistently monitor and measure commercial activity across the programme
- Review/update/maintain standard procurement methods and maintain a procurement tracker
- Review/update/maintain central commercial trackers (payment, contract information tracker etc.
Qualifications & Experience-
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or any other relevant discipline
- Ideally, the candidate should be a member (or part member) of the RICS or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Must have proven experience in commercial management of large retail developments or hotel projects
- On-site construction supervision
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and experience
- Ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Builds and maintains strong professional, trusted relationships with management, peers and staff
- Provides guidance, persuades and influences decision makers
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Transform Your World
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com