Are you looking for a Job at AlFuttaim in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You will be ensuring the service levels and customer satisfaction in Sales departments are maintained to the highest standards by managing the day to day operation very effectively. Promote the IKEA Concept as a tool.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- University degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Home Furnishings business or of relevant management experience.
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors
This role is primarily a specialist role, so the emphasis is more on specialist skills than on leadership capabilities. A strong analytical and mathematical mind is needed coupled with being able to cope with a very high workload
Key Role Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. Willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- Lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and give them a good reason to return again and again.
- Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. Have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants, then act based on their input.
- Meet the needs of customers by being understanding and sensitive to diverse customers, by initiating and developing effective working relationships with the customer and by establishing trust and confidence with the customers.
- Determine the customers’ requirements and assist them in their orders
- Maintain contact and advising customers on news or recently received items of customer’s interest or which have been reserved as well as following up on quotations sent in an effort to convert to actual sales.
- Provide the highest level of Customer Service.
- Empower and encourage the team to take immediate action to meet the needs of guests and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
- Ensure our guests have a great shopping experience always throughout the day.
- Promote the sales of products by spotting and seizing sales opportunities, offering alternatives solutions to problems and suggesting add on sales in order to achieve the established sales target.
- Suggest means of sale improvement to his supervisor as well as determining “slow moving” or “non-selling” items and suggesting sales action.
- Maintain a fully display of products via merchandising methods as laid down by the company.
- Remain aware of developments in the local market by being attentive, to information given by customers, to advertising and promotions in the media and also by making scheduled market visits so as to be able to maintain the company’s competitive advantage and to properly advise customers.
- Keep an update on changes in the company’s products range such as new items or changes in existing items as well as informing the Sales Manager of any customer’s problems/comments on the product range or gaps in the range.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the sales team to optimize sales and profits.
- Ensure store is always “In Shape as New”.
- Ensure implementation of the store’s commercial activities and Business Plan.
- Define objectives and lead efforts to achieve these through continuous evaluation and follow-up
- Be a participant in and contribute to the Store Commercial team.
- Develop and implement commercial strategic plans based on business priorities and local market.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the annual departmental budget and for ensuring that operating expenses are within the guidelines and objectives of the department.
- To be responsible for establishing annual and monthly sales and profit objectives
- Passionate leader who can bring business and people together, inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities and strive to continuously develop as a leader.
- In co-operation with the Human Resources (HR) department, recruit his team based on the IKEA values.
- Committed to the development of his team and secure their training to ensure all co-workers understand the IKEA Concept and other key guidelines, and how they have an impact on their specific roles.
- Empower, support and coach his co-workers on the job to help them perform better and grow.
- Actively develop successors to ensure he meet the succession needs of the IKEA store.
- Work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure the IKEA store is regarded as a great place to work.
- Ensure we have a simple and straightforward internal communication and information flow, and secure that key information is understood by all IKEA Sales co-workers.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org