Website Albertsons Companies
Are you looking for a Job at Albertsons Companies in Anchorage, AK
About the work
As the primary contact for Safeway customers, the Person in Charge (PIC) provides a friendly, courteous and helpful service. During the absence of the Store Manager and First and Second Assistant Managers, the PIC is responsible for the store, with similar authority to make the decisions necessary to operate the store with maximum profit, efficiency, and superior customer service. When responsible for the store (usually at night), the PIC supervises the store employees. The PIC also acts as a cash checker (see job description). It may be necessary to work in many of the departments in the store.
Duties of Work
Safeway PIC employees are generally responsible for fulfilling the following job duties:
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the position and within company policy.
- Responsible for properly handling emergencies, customer complaints, employee or customer accidents and overseeing all store personnel.
- Maintains a high level of familiarity with company policies and procedures.
- Supervises the sales area to monitor service and product replacement.
- Replaces inventory on displays around the checkout area.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe working environment within the store.
- Assists other cashiers with computer, registry and scanner problems.
- Responsible for performing basic office functions to assist clients and staff.
- Operaelectronically scanning the cash register for the customer’s final bill total.
- Receives payment for the purchase from the customer and counts the correct change.
- Pack groceries in paper, canvas, or plastic bags. Lift the bags to the shopping cart. Offer customer assistance to accomplish and accomplish this task if a courtesy secretary is not available.
- May be responsible for completing the close of day function in the office.
- May be responsible for counting out of stock product.
- Can even count the cash register when other cash registers leave.
- Other functions as designated.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Ability to interact with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Knowledge of all positions within the store.
- Ability to work independently.
- Desired: Previous experience as a clerk or manager.
All store employees during the absence of the store manager or assistant manager.
Varies by store location and state/county requirements.
Position: Person in Charge (PIC)
% Indoor: 100% Outdoor: Rare temperature extremes: N/A
Productschemicals: rarely (mild detergents or window cleaners)
Machines, tools and equipment
six-wheel cart, grocery cart, cash cutter, pens and pencils, spray bottle, rags, mops, broom, phone/intercom, cash register, credit card scanner, computer, pallet truck, guarantor
Constant (more than 70% of the time)
constantly lifts 1-10 pounds. It often lifts 11-20 pounds. Rarely lifts 21-35 pounds.
occasionally carries 1-10 pounds. Rarely carries 11-50 lbs.
Constantly pushes/pulls from 1 to 10 pounds. Occasionally pushes/pulls 11-20 lbs.
Constant reach from knee to shoulder. Rarely above the head and at or above shoulder level.
Constant permanence while working. Sitting is allowed during breaks.
Walk frequently while working.
Rarely. You can use a stool for storage/product coating on high shelves.
Frequent neck rotation and head tilt. Bend/bend occasionally, twist, squat and squat. Rarely kneeling.
Constant handling/gripping and repetitive movement during checking, coping and replacing stock. Frequent fine manipulation of the fingers.
Using peripheral vision and depth perception to move around the store and push carts in the aisles. Close-up view used to operate the scanner, make changes, and troubleshoot equipment.
To converse with customers, provide services, and receive inquiries from employees and customers. Answer pages and phone.
To serve customers and employees and use intercom/telephone.
Safeway will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who can meet general work requirements. ”
Company: Albertsons Companies
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Anchorage, AK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.