AECOM vacancy in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Senior Environmental Scientist
Are you looking for a Job at AECOM in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Saudi Arabia – , Riyadh
1. Purpose of the Job
The Senior Environmental Scientist role supports the BEC Environment and Sustainability Discipline Lead from within Kingdom to support with coordination and delivery of the BEC environment and sustainability scope, services, and deliverables across all active Design Work Packages. The Senior Scientist/Engineer will act as the in-kingdom representative and facilitate day-to-day coordination with in-kingdom EPM, NEOM, other relevant stakeholders for all active NEOM infrastructure design work packages.
It also involves monitoring resources and performance against delivery objectives and providing regular and timely progress updates to the BEC Environment and Sustainability Manager.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Acting as the main in-kingdom representative and manager for BEC Environment and Sustainability scope and services.
- Delivering performance to meet environment and sustainability scope in accordance with NEOM procedures.
- Providing visible leadership and demonstrable commitment to delivery demonstrated by the management processes put in place;
- Interfacing and assisting out-of-kingdom environment & sustainability team to coordinate design submissions, reviews, and approvals.
- Interfacing with other relevant Neom sectors, support agreement on technical interfaces, and delivery responsibilities to an agreed programme.
- Liaising with the EPM, NEOM Environment, NEOM Projects, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Leading the preparation of pre-tender documents, proposals, and other business development materials.
- Leading the preparation of company registrations and applications for environmental and sustainability services.
- The Senior Environmental Scientist is also accountable for:
- Confirming environment & sustainability requirements with appropriate NEOM sector heads
- Providing technical instruction and guidance to delivery teams on environment & sustainability requirements
- Ensuring his/her staff are conversant with those aspects of the management system that relate to his/her duties and ensure they are aware of the relevance and importance of his/her activities and how they contribute to the achievement of Neom’s quality objectives;
- Initiating and supporting net-zero and value engineering activities.
- Act as a role model for Neom’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Neom’s Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
3. Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the successful delivery of the NEOM Infrastructure Environment and Sustainability design scope for multiple design work packages.
- Dealing with multiple NEOM and EPM Environment and Sustainability In-Kingdom stakeholders to identify synergies, align approaches, and deliver visions.
- Supporting the achievement of discipline integration, design assurance, and acceptance with agreement from stakeholders in a timely way.
- Resolving technical and coordination issues during the design phase in a timely way.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships
- Reports to BEC Environment & Sustainability Manager/BEC Engineering Manager
- Works closely with key stakeholders, particularly with regard to acceptance of requirements and interfaces agreements.
- Works closely with BEC Environment & Sustainability Manager to coordinate and deliver environment and sustainability design services In-Kingdom.
- Works closely with EPM staff In-Kingdom.
- 10+ years of environment and sustainability experience on major infrastructure
- Degree qualified engineer/architect or equivalent.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Environmental
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country Saudi Arabia
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 254277BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.