AECOM Jobs in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Train Control Systems Lead
Are you looking for a Job at AECOM in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Saudi Arabia – , Riyadh
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Engineering Manager in the management of the Railway Systems elements of the Backbone designs undertaken by BEC and subsequent contractor design and delivery. To provide technical oversight of activities relating to rail signalling for multiple modes for HSR, Freight and Metro. The Train Control Systems Lead reports to the Engineering Manager.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Leadership of the Railway Signalling function covering CCS&C (Command & Control, Signalling and Commissioning) for multiple modes for HSR, Freight and Metro
- Oversee the provision highest current level ETCS system, with opportunity to upgrade this in the future with a suitable migration path, assuming it meets Neom headway and operability requirements.
- Oversee the provision:
- of a Radio Block Centre
- of Automatic Train Control, (with integration with the selected Rolling Stock providers train)
- of Interlocking’s at the OCC
- of an Integration Lab for all key equipment
- of the control fall back facility
- Oversee provision of a Traffic Management system
- Keeping the Director Rail Systems informed of technical issues arising from Signalling works.
- Liaising with the EPM for Signalling related works.
- To provide leadership and acting as a focal point for the Signalling discipline.
- Externally the Train Control Systems Lead will develop relationships with Neom Sector peers and keep abreast of technical and technological developments in the discipline.
- Oversee the technical quality of work carried out in the discipline by suppliers and ensure that a consistent and acceptable level of quality is provided across the discipline.
- Interfacing with other Neom sectors (particularly Mobility and Freight & Logistics) whose works may impact on the Neom Project works and to support agreement on technical interfaces.
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications and to resolve queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the EPM where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor).
- Undertaking reviews of contractor design submittals relating to Signalling works.
- Liaising with Rail operators appointed on the handover and acceptance of works.
3. Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the achievement of Signalling, design assurance and acceptance with agreement from stakeholders in a timely way.
- Management of multiple internal external interfaces
- Management of Signalling between multiple contractors.
- Supporting the successful delivery of the project with multiple modes of rail operation and infrastructure requiring full Signalling
- Ensuring Signalling stageworks considerations are addressed in the contractor’s design.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Key working relationships
- Reports to Engineering Manager.
- Works closely with Engineering Manager, construction management and site management staff, main contractor and framework design contractor.
- Works closely with Neom Sectors to understand requirements and interfaces.
- Works closely with EPM staff In-Kingdom
- Professional qualification is highly desirable such as IRSE accreditation, with more than 10 years of post-qualification experience in railway or metro signalling and train control.
- Experience in the supervision of design, manufacture, installation, and testing and commissioning of railway or metro train control sub-systems.
- Experience in the design, manufacture, installation, testing
- Graduate or Post Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineering or electronics.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country Saudi Arabia
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 254273BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.