Are you looking for a Job at AECOM in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Saudi Arabia – , Riyadh
1. Purpose of the Job
- To support the Engineering Manager in the management of the Utilities elements of the Backbone and NICC designs undertaken by BEC and subsequent contractor design and delivery. To provide technical oversight of activities relating to utilities engineering related disciplines. The Utilities Discipline Lead reports to the BEC Engineering Manager.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Leadership of the Utilities functions. Establish and develop the teams and monitor his/her performance against objectives.
- Leadership of the Utilities function for multiple packages of work
- Oversee design, manufacture, installation, testing and commissioning of utilities works including water, sewerage, waste, power, ICT, diversions
- Responsible for the management of Utilities discipline Design Managers applied across packages.
- Providing visible leadership and demonstrable commitment to system engineering principles demonstrating by the processes put in place;
- Interface and assist other project discipline managers in compilation of design submissions, requirements compliance matrices, programme updates, updates to programme, integrated design registers and in the assurance process execution.
- Interfacing with other Neom sectors (particularly Energy, Water, Mobility and Freight & Logistics) whose works may impact on the Neom Project works and to support agreement on technical interfaces.
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications and to resolve queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor).
- Undertaking reviews of contractor design submittals relating to Utilities works.
- Organise the Utilities discipline progress meetings as required.
- Accountable for:
ensuring that adequate resources are made available for implementing the quality policy and management system and that all persons with duties impacting on quality are competent to conduct the tasks assigned;
3. Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the successful delivery of the project with multiple utilities and modes of rail operation requiring full systems integration
- Work in a live operational construction environment with significant safety hazards including high voltage power, moving trains and 25kV Overhead Line Electrification.
- Supporting the achievement of systems integration, design assurance and acceptance with agreement from stakeholders in a timely way.
- Ensuring stageworks considerations are addressed in the contractor’s design.
- Ensuring temporary works designs are acceptable to support construction activities.
- Resolving technical issues during the construction phase in a timely way to support the construction programme.
- Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships
- Reports to Engineering Manager
- Works closely with key stakeholders, particularly Neom Energy, Water, Mobility, Freight & Logistics and Energy sectors.
- Works closely with Engineering Manager, construction management and site management staff, main contractor and framework design contractors.
- Works closely with EPM staff In-Kingdom
- 10 years’ experience of engineering and construction on major infrastructure projects.
- Experience of temporary works design and implementation.
- Project experience across a range of utilities
- Major programme experience
- Project experience in a live rail environment
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Civil
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country Saudi Arabia
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 254152BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Vacancy Type: Temporary · Entry level
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org