Are you looking for a Job at AECOM in Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Saudi Arabia – , Jeddah
We require a dynamic and motivated Snr. Engineering Geologist /Senior Geotechnical Engineer to work in our Site Office in NEOM. This is an excellent opportunity to take a senior role in our Middle East geotechnical team and work on a very exciting project for a prestigious Client.
The candidate should be experienced in the following;
- Excellent technical experience – with experience in Engineering geological and geohazard investigations, particularly for civil engineering and major project purposes and across a wide range of ground engineering environments in the UAE, Middle East and Africa.
- Proven track record in planning and delivery of major multi-discipline projects in UAE and GCC and leading geotechnical teams in the successful delivery of major infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrate a proven technical, commercial and project management track record.
- The candidate’s technical experience should range from terrain evaluation of large areas to the detailed investigation of specific sites. It should include (as a minimum) the assessment of ground conditions for projects and production of ground risk assessments.
- An ability to use engineering software would be an advantage, particularly GIS for mapping and 3-dimensional terrain and geological modelling.
- Experience in the following sectors would be advantageous: infrastructure, rail, highways & bridges, offshore facilities and ground improvement.
- Good interpersonal skills and the experience of developing and leading investigation and design teams and working as part of a multi-discipline team for major infrastructure projects.
- Good communication skills – able to liaise effectively at project manager and project director level and with clients. A sound knowledge of local practice and local authority requirements.
- Project management – Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Good report writing skills and the ability to self-check and to produce high quality and accurate work.
- Able to demonstrate good people skills, flexibility and to have the ability to lead technical teams.
- A KSA (or GCC/International) driving license.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience is essential – with at least 3 years working in the Middle East.
- A strong academic background with good academic qualifications – as a minimum a first degree in geology or civil engineering as well as a second degree in a geotechnical engineering biased subject.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Civil
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country Saudi Arabia
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 249990BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Jiddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com