Website Hanesbrands Inc.
This Job Listing is about Hanesbrands Inc. in Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica 2022
The objective of the Commercial Accountant position is to be part of the Controller Accounting management team. This position is responsible, as part of the Commercial Accounting team, to accurately record, report and analyze business transactions for Hanesbrands Inc. (“HBI”).
The Commercial Accountant will work with others within the controller group and members of other finance functions, to ensure that accounting processes are in place in order to accurately and timely accumulate, record and report financial data. Continual adherence to HBI’s Global Code of Conduct, as well as governmental and regulatory standards (GAAP, SOX, etc.) is mandatory.
- Manage the timely and accurate accounting and reporting of financial results to meet internal/external requirements.
- Develop and implement accounting process improvements within, or impacting, the Corporate Accounting group.
- Responsible for performing accounting functions that support accurate reporting of Commercial Accounting areas including, marketing, advertising and promotional (MAP) spending, commissions, and royalties.
- Monitor and process transactions on a daily basis.
- Complies with the monthly closing schedule.
- Ensures the overall accuracy of key ledger accounts.
- Performs accounts receivable deduction accounting to include researching pricing claims, issuing debit and credit memos and monitoring customers’ accounts.
- Manage Direct Ship deduction programs.
- Prepares monthly journal entries to record transactions and adjustments in key ledger accounts.
- Prepares various comprehensive balance sheet account reconciliations/analyses as required.
- Supports accounting functions including preparation of monthly balance sheet review documentation, monthly supplemental schedules, quarterly/annual financial rollforward schedules and supports compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley key controls.
- Maintains and monitors control systems to safeguard the company’s assets and assure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Responds to internal and external audit inquiries as requested.
- Prepares financial reports for management review.
HanesBrands Inc., (HBI) is a well-known clothing company who has been loved by their consumers around the world for its comfort, quality, and value. We focus in creating the right fit to every body and we want to do it with the highest standards of sustainability.
HBI employs more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create the world’s best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. Our company has built a strong reputation for workplace quality and ethical business practices, and we launched an aggressive 2030 goals to improve the lives of people, protect the planet, produce very sustainable products, and support the communities where we operate.
We are looking for #FullPotential talent to start our new best in class Costa Rica SSC project. We offer extensive opportunities for creative thinkers, passionate contributors and key team players that might think out of the box to improve our services. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture and have 0 tolerance for discrimination, harassment, bullying or other social behaviors that could impact our employee’s life. We offer a hybrid work schedule and competitive benefits. HanesBrands is looking for people who challenge the ordinary and seek to innovate in order to create the future. If this is you – come join our global team! We are seeking talented individuals who are ready to change the ordinary into the extraordinary!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred plus 1 year experience in Finance, Accounting or Audit.
- In lieu of Bachelor degree will consider a combination of education and 3 years of experience in Accounting, Finance or Audit.
- SAP Experience highly preferred.
- Experience using Lawson, Hyperion and Blackline systems a plus.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills including Excel PivotTables and Formulas.
- Proficient in Spanish and English.
Benefits We Offer
- Benefits vary by country
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- 401(k) & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holidays & Paid Parental Leave
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Associate Discount
- Professional Development Programs
- Community Outreach & Volunteering Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & On The Job Training
- And More..
Company: Hanesbrands Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica
Application Deadline: N/A