This Job Listing is about takealot.com in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
<!--> Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented International Accounts Payable Team Leader to join our Finance Team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative and hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related Total Remuneration Package, which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Accounts Payable Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all international trade vendor payments end to end
- Develop and implement standardized departmental controls and policies to ensure increased accuracy and efficiency, to scale International trade..
- Manage the supplier onboarding and maintenance process, including continuing development of the process at scale
- Full ownership of all supporting documentation flow, relating to direct imports, in line with best practice and relevant legislation
- Build, train, manage, maintain and an effective and independent team, to handle day-to-day responsibilities.
- Work closely with import clearing agencies, international trade department and buying team, to optimize processes and automate transactional flow
- Calculating and processing foreign currency exchange differences,
- Reporting of key KPI's, relating to International Trade
- Review supplier reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy of payments
- Resolving non-routine supplier queries
- Manage supplier account's age analysis
- Managing weekly and monthly payment cycle
- Assistance with financial month end and year end close
Qualifications and Experience:
- Continuous improvement- and scaling mindset
- Ability to lead from the front
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solving
- Self motivated
- Deadline driven
- Relevant tertiary qualification in accounting (BCom Accounting preferred)
- 3-4 years experience in International Accounts Payable or similar position for Trade suppliers
- Experience in managing a team
- Advance Excel
- SAGE advantageous
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference-->
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A